Dish Machine Operator
Company: Winking Lizard Tavern
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Title: Dish Machine Operator (DMO)--Department:
Department of Safety and Sanitation
Reports To: Restaurant Management Team--FLSA: Non-Exempt,
Non-TippedJob Types: Full-time, Part-time--Primary
Responsibilities:--Responsible for operating the dish machine,
maintaining the dish area, and putting all supplies in their
designated areas. Assists in maintaining the dining room area by
bussing and setting tables, emptying trash cans, and returning
dishes, glasses, and silverware to the dish area.--ESSENTIAL DUTIES
AND RESPONSIBILITIESI. Bus Department shift responsibilities
- Smiles and displays a positive attitude while promoting a
positive image of the Company.
- Maintains great curb appeal for restaurant by keeping parking
lot, walkways, and grounds free of litter and debris.
- Clears walkways of snow and ice and applies snowmelt to heavy
traffic areas to prevent unnecessary slips and falls.
- Maintains a clean and organized dish room and surrounding area,
sweeping floors throughout the shift and stocking all necessary
- Keeps restrooms clean and neat by checking restrooms every 30
minutes and restocking supplies as needed.
- Empties trash cans when full.
- Ensures ice bins are full prior to and throughout the
- Properly uses chemicals when cleaning and complies with MSDS
- Changes sanitizer (green bucket) and silverware soak (blue
bucket) throughout the shift. Stores towels in sanitizing solution
throughout the shift.
- Completes opening and closing checklists for every shift.
- Completes daily side work, cleaning projects, and monthly
- Assists team members by pre-bussing as needed.
- Assists hosts by rearranging tables to accommodate large
parties without disrupting the guest experience for neighboring
tables as needed.
- Is knowledgeable of table numbers throughout the dining
- Cleans and maintains floors in the front and back of
- Helps reduce the opportunity for cross contamination by washing
hands throughout each shift.
- Monitors silverware supply and washes silverware consistently
throughout the shift to ensure proper par levels are
- Washes and stocks plateware and glassware throughout each shift
to maintain appropriate par levels.
- Helps maintain great atmosphere by immediately informing a
manager when a TV has a black screen or when a game ends.
- Maintains bus stands/server stations by emptying full bus bins
throughout the shift.II. Compliance to Winking Lizard standards,
systems, procedures, and policies
- Maintains the Company expectations of performance and behavior
in the restaurant, not listed as established in the Employee
Handbook, Training Manual, Policy Manual, and Employee
- Maintains an excellent personal appearance by following Winking
Lizard uniform guidelines and personal hygiene standards by being
in clean uniform prior to the start of each shift.
- Clocks in and out for breaks following proper break procedures.
Approves break through a manager prior to leaving the dish
- Responsible to wear non-slip shoes for every shift.
- Eats in a designated area of the restaurant. Does not eat or
drink in guests view.
- Keeps personal belongings (coats, purses, back packs, etc.) in
a designated area approved by management.
- Must be reliable and punctual in reporting for work as
scheduled.GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS
--The characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shift Length Varies 8 to 10 hour shifts
- Breaks hour per shift if applicable
- Flooring Cement, tile, and hardwood floor
- Lighting Adequate and overhead
- Miscellaneous Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes, and
loud noisePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Infrequent Occasional Frequent Continuous
- (1-2X per shift) (3-12X per hour) (13-30X per hour) (30+X per
- Floor to waist Up to 60 lbs Up to 35 lbs Up to 40 lbs
- Waist to shoulder Up to 60 lbs Up to 35 lbs Up to 40 lbs
- Shoulder to overhead Up to 60 lbs Up to 35 lbs Up to 40
- Carry Up to 60 lbs Up to 20 lbs
- Push/pull Up to 20 lbs
- Standing X
- Walking X
- Sitting X
- Bending X
- Reaching X
- Squatting/kneeling XADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Medium to heavy strength range
- Reading, writing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond in emergencies to avoid imminent danger to
self and othersResponsible, dependable, and flexible in
- Work in harmony with staffBenefits:
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time offSchedule:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- WeekendsCOVID-19 considerations:
We are committed to keeping our employees and guests safe. All
Front of the House employees must wear facial covering, we are
enforcing social distancing, we have plexiglass barriers for all
bar guests and are not seating more than parties of ten.--Shift
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationThis Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborativeThis Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning
to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are
encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diplomaCompany's
- www.winkinglizard.comCompany's Facebook page:
- https://www.facebook.com/WinkingLizard/Benefit Conditions:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligibleWork Remotely:
- NoCOVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in placeThe
Winking Lizard Tavern is a non-smoking establishment and abides by
the Ohio Smoke-free Workplace Act for both guests and employees.--
Employees are not permitted to smoke in or around the building,
while on the clock or on break.--Required qualifications:
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
Keywords: Winking Lizard Tavern, Cleveland , Dish Machine Operator, Other , Macedonia, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!