Experienced Baker + $1,000 New Hire Bonus
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Our Baker is a key player in making sure our Bakery products look
and taste amazing. In addition to providing unparalleled guest
service, you'll be responsible for using the best ingredients to
craft the most delicious selection for our guests. As a Team
Member, you'll be part of a team that emphasizes building lifelong
relationships with our customers by focusing on understanding and
exceeding their needs. As a member of the Bakery team, your primary
responsibility will be preparing and baking the products to ensure
only the freshest are available.Job Description
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in Bakery or
- Education Required: No High School diploma
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we?re more than just food, fuel and
convenience. We?re one giant family of diverse and talented Team
Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It?s why
we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless
career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values
are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the
Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas.
From our Warehouses to our GetGo?s, our grocery Stores through our
Corporate home office we are working together to put food on
shopper?s tables? and smiles on their faces. We?re always searching
for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you
to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with
- Perform bench work according to established scratch procedures
- Prepare product and form product to specifications as required
according to scratch recipes.
- Bake prepared product using appropriate time and temperature as
specified by recipe.
- Prepare Bakery products according to established recipes which
include scratch recipes.
- Properly insert products into proof box, set controls, and
close door to ensure proper size and shape of product.
- Prepare and fry donuts according to established
- Insert products into and retrieve products from the freezer to
- Kindly answer questions and resolve problems to ensure guest
requirements are met.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques
and provide active sampling when appropriate.
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers and
ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for.
Bakery Team Members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge
to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of our work,
for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Bake prepared and scratch product for the Bakery cases and
displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are
followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor,
etc. to ensure that safety and sanitation regulations are met.
- Accurately record special orders on Bakery products to ensure
the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain proper safety and sanitation methods, emergency
procedures, clean-ups, steritech, proper lifting and housekeeping
to ensure department standards are met.
- Understand all the ingredients and purpose of each used in
manufacturing scratch baked goods.
- Assist in maintaining Bakery backroom, cooler and freezer
efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Assemble necessary baking ingredients to prepare for baking
operation including all scratch recipes.
- Assist in other areas as required.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Cleveland , Experienced Baker + $1,000 New Hire Bonus, Other , Chardon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!