Building Project Manager - Engineering
Company: Cushman & Wakefield Inc
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Building Project Manager - Engineering
Job Description Summary
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and supervision of engineering and
maintenance staff, including hiring, training, personnel
development and performance review
- Oversee properties totaling 500k square feet or more
- Conduct and assist with inspections and surveys, including
energy audits and analysis, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems,
environmental and ADA compliance
- Supervise and review technical operations, surveys, energy
audits and analysis, HVAC and electrical and plumbing systems,
environmental compliance, ADA compliance and acquisitions, and
- Support property management in the development and updating of
preventive maintenance and engineering procedures, hazardous
materials communication plans, fire safety and emergency action
plans, life safety programs, quality control for domestic and
process water and indoor air quality programs
- Assist in the development of the property(s) operations budget.
Provide operating cost estimates and comparisons in regard to
service contracts, R&M estimates, utility consumption and
spend, supplies, repair parts, department payroll , life safety
programs and procedures, domestic water quality control, and
enforcement of EPA and OSHA compliance
- Assist in the development of the Capital Budget Program, as
well as the short and long term planning and analytics
- Coordinate and track career development for engineers and
perform or assist in mid-year/annual performance evaluations of all
- Oversee all building systems, including fire/life safety
programs, plumbing, HVAC and electrical issues; must remain current
with latest HVAC technology trends as well as preventive and
predictive maintenance methodology
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors, tenant
finish personnel and engineers
- Assist Property Management in the review and approval of
construction documents. Ensure building standards are applied and
adhered too accordingly
- Develop specifications and assist in solicitation and
administration of maintenance/repair service contracts
- Assist in formulating marketing presentations/proposals,
start-up processes for building acquisitions and reverse
acquisitions, and the coordination of building equipment and
services in support of tenant construction products
- Ensure compliance with applicable codes, requisitions,
government agencies, and company directives related to building
- Support the Property or Facility Manager with rehabilitation
projects such as replacement of HVAC systems, installation of new
roofs, plumbing repairs and alterations to other Building Systems.
Support Property or Facility Manager on all items listed below
- Prepare and present feasibility studies.
- Prepare budget estimates.
- Prepare schedule and manage its progress.
- Prepare contract documents reflecting scope of work.
- Manage the bidding process.
- Prepare and expedite approval of all internal control
- Monitor the construction process to assure compliance with
- Coordinate all work with user and Internal Support Groups.
- Maintain complete project files recording progress, approvals,
financial data and contracts
- Perform final inspections, punch list exceptions, and expedite
Communication Proficiency (oral and written)
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 10+ years engineering experience with significant supervisory
responsibility in a commercial property setting experience in the
operation, installation and maintenance of building systems with in
depth technical understanding and knowledge of all HVAC,
electrical, plumbing, fire/life safety, and control systems.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Vocational/Technical training certificate
Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e.
Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses
Universal Technician for CFC's depending on market licensure
requirements or any similar combination of education and
Knowledge and understanding of all applicable
practices/techniques, laws, project controls, and environmental
Familiar with Energy Management System (EMS)/programming, fire
alarm systems, and Building Management Systems
Proficiency in the preparation of staff schedules, after hour
assignment scheduling and coordination, preventive maintenance
schedules and the ability to assess and prioritize immediate
General knowledge of the property management financial reporting
with primary focus on R&M expenses, Utility expenses and
Capital expenses, as they pertain the department's allocated
monthly and annual budget. Should possess the knowledge to clearly
explain favorable and unfavorable variances the monthly and year to
date R&M and Utility expenses.
Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
This job operates in a professional office environment. This
role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly
required to travel outside between properties in varying weather
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee may need to travel from floor to floor,
climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside between
buildings in varying outdoor weather conditions. The employee may
also be regularly required to remain in a stationary position (sit
or stand) for 85% of the time; regularly use hands to operate
office machinery and regularly required to walk, talk, and
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that
are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and
activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity.
Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman &
Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or
Keywords: Cushman & Wakefield Inc, Cleveland , Building Project Manager - Engineering, Other , Independence, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!