Press Assistant 2
Company: RR Donnelley & Sons
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Press Assistant 2
- ID: 51369
This is a 2nd Shift Position
Ensure paper or raw materials(inks, glues etc) are loaded in to
feeders, hoppers, bins etc to supply a constant flow of materials
while the equipment is running. Make adjustments to equipment such
as feeder mechanism based on the size of the paper. Deliver
equipment components such as plates or spray heads to the equipment
for installation. Recycle old/discarded plates. Provide basic
assistance as needed to make-ready the equipment for operation.
Assist with retrieving plates, hanging plates and recycling/storing
plates and other tasks associated with make-ready of the press.
- Assist the press operator during press make-ready and maintain
high production efficiency.
- Maintain a constant flow of materials to the press while the
equipment is running
- Make adjustments to equipment such as feeder mechanism based on
the size of the paper
- Demonstrates commitment to safety and performs job duties in
accordance with company safety policies and procedures
- Understand job ticket information to determine quantity,
special work instructions, and any other special customer
- Stage material and supplies needed to run printing job
- Complete required quality inspections and paperwork
- Work with peers and other departments to improve quality and
- Play an active role in the maintenance and cleanliness of the
assigned press and surrounding area
- Understand department communication systems, schedules,
time/attendance system and job reporting requirements
- Assist operator in a proactive manner; anticipate and actively
address required tasks to keep the equipment running
Requires general knowledge of offset presswork procedures and
materials for sheet fed presses. Ability to read and follow job
specifications under the direction of the Press Operator to
determine press set-up materials needed to run the job
successfully. Skill to follow instructions to operate equipment
safely and produce the desired product. Able to operate hand carts,
pallet jacks, stackers and hydraulic feed mechanisms.
- Previous offset printing experience preferred.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be comfortable
working independently to achieve production expectations.
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift at least 40 lbs. with or without
- Willingness to work overtime when needed
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Keywords: RR Donnelley & Sons, Cleveland , Press Assistant 2, Other , Macedonia, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!