Company: Dover Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
MAAG Pump Systems, Automatik Plastics Machinery, Gala
Industries, Reduction Engineering Scheer and Ettlinger - five
successful and well experienced companies have joined forces to
become the global partner for the polymer industry. As manufacturer
of gear pumps, pelletizing and filtration systems and also
pulverizers we offer top-grade equipment for your demanding
requirements - not only for polymer applications, but also for the
chemical, petrochemical, pharmaceutical and food industry.
Company - Maag
Location - Kent, OH
Position Title - Blaster / Assembler Technician
Main Position Objectives
The Blaster / Assembler Technician provides the highest quality
work ethic and character for both blasting metal and other related
materials as well as assembling the Maag family of equipment to
include: Pelletizers, Pulverizers, Water Baths, Air Knives, Water
Slides, Pumps, Screen Changers, Conveying Equipment and Color
Mixers with an emphasis on 100% on time delivery to meet our
customer's expectations and needs.
Position description - Tasks, responsibilities, competencies
- Works in blast booth environment and helps maintain the
equipment so that operation is in a safe manor.
- Wears required respirator and hood when working in the blast
- Has the physical ability to lifts 60 - 80 pounds.
- Possesses experience operating Fork Lifts 6000 to 12000lb
- Willingness to work additional hours or weekends on a short
- Reads and interprets assembly drawings, blue prints and layout
- Knowledge of measuring with micrometers, feeler gauges and
understanding of tolerances on assembly prints
- Has general knowledge and understanding of pneumatic circuits,
cylinders, valves, regulators and controls
- Possesses knowledge of threaded and welded pipe, valves and
- Positions parts and subassemblies by lifting, bending and
kneeling multiple times per day, working overhead from a kneeling
or laying position
- Documents labor hours to work order operations electronically,
completes production and quality forms, reports any discrepancies
with work order material BOMS
- Runs conduit, mounts junction boxes and pulls wire to various
electrical devices and motors. Terminates wires as required per
- Other tasks as assigned by manager..
Work in this position is mainly at the Kent blasting and
assembly areas. While performing the duties of this job in a
factory setting, the employee may be moving mechanical parts and
vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites
can be loud and PPE may be required. Use of an air respirator and
or a dust mask is mandatory when working in the blasting facility.
All company safety policies must always be followed and required
PPE for respective work areas must be worn without acception.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. The job requirements in the
blasting facility require the incumbent to be in good physical
shape with the ability to do heavy lifting. Considerable fork lift
work with movement to and from the truck quite often. Use of fork
lift seatbelt is mandatory.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. This position is very active
and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping,
crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must be able to
lift items up to 70- 80 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands
to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception
and ability to adjust focus.
The employee will be required to have knowledge of fork lift
operation and will be required to complete a fork lift training
course on site once hired.
High School diploma or equivalent education (additional
technical skills a plus)
Mechanical aptitude and experience with a general understanding
of basic mechanics or millwright hand tool use.
- Completion of any Mechanics or Millwright courses a plus but
- Knowledge and training on overhead crane operation a plus but
Interpersonal skills and behavioral competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks
- Independent self-starter with ability to problem solve and
anticipate and avoid issues
- Strong team player, work ethic and commitment to win
- Work overtime and weekends and weekends when required.
- Follow and support company safety practices and policies a
- Mechanical aptitude
- Do it right work philosophy
- Team player, works well with others, follows directions.
- Ability to work from engineering drawings.
- Understands how to interpret electrical drawings.
- Familiar with pneumatics and hydraulics.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic
information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Assembly, Hydraulics, Engineer, Chemical Research,
Electrical, Engineering, Manufacturing
Keywords: Dover Corporation, Cleveland , Assembler, Other , Kent, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!