S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end
mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched
bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and
large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled
tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and
West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market
sector and facility type.
Job Title: Mechanical Drafter
The Mechanical Drafter will be responsible for developing
fabrication HVAC piping/Plumbing drawings for coordination with
other disciplines, using AutoCAD and Revit MEP. Fabrication scope
will include development of detailed drawings in accordance with
our standards, construction specifications, CAD standards and
industry wide detailing practices.
Must be organized, efficient and work well with the design
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Primary duties and responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with the designers and field personnel to create
drawings from written and verbal specifications.
- Work as a Revit Modeler supporting our design and fabrication
- Layout Revit 3D views, sheets or drawings.
- Compile data and specification sheets.
- Revise drawings and layouts to accommodate changes and maintain
- Review drawings for completeness and accuracy.
- Work with other departments to service customers.
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify potential problems before
- Ability to correctly complete project paperwork, such as: test
papers, insurance permits, punch list.
- Work to achieve company's annual objectives and to achieve
personal performance goals.
- Operate at all times in compliance with the company's safety
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education / Work Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering a
- Experience in Mechanical and Plumbing System Design/Drafting a
- 2+ years' Revit MEP software required.
- Experience using Navis Works is a plus.
- Experience using AutoCAD is preferred.
- Experience with fabrication a plus.
- Knowledge of Revit Grouping components into assemblies,
families and libraries of 3D content required.
- Previous construction company experience with industrial,
health care, public construction and commercial projects a
- Field experience a plus.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive
benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the
talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth
and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.