RN Case Manager, FT (Western Cuyahoga, Summit & Medina County)
Company: Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio, we are looking for
dependable, compassionate people interested in gaining experience
and becoming an invaluable resource to our organization. VNA of
Ohio is now hiring a RN/Case Manager for Med Surg for Western
Cuyahoga, Medina and Summit Counties, and your qualifications and
skill set may be an ideal match for this opportunity. This position
is a full-time and provides flexible shifts, no on call, and only
two weekend shifts every six weeks!
As a vital community resource for more than 117 years, VNA of
Ohio is the most trusted home health and hospice provider.
The RN/Case Manager will be responsible for providing direct or
indirect skilled comprehensive nursing care to a specified (or
variety) of age and diagnostic groups. Indirect RN's may focus in a
specific administrative function such as admissions or
authorizations. Including but not limited to the following
- Utilizes principles of the nursing process to assist in data
collection, planning and evaluation of nursing care.
- Demonstrates nursing knowledge and skills in the implementation
of prevention, therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing care.
- Utilizes effective interviewing techniques; sets limits, and
collects data based on specific role.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with health care
providers, third parties, patients and families based on specific
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions,
and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient's condition and
reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing
standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Uses oral and written communications to convey pertinent
information to members of the healthcare team in a timely
Qualified candidates must:
- Experience in home health care.
- Experience working as part of a team and working effectively
with persons and communities from diverse cultural, social, and
ethnic backgrounds. The ability to work in a complex institutional
structure requiring significant collaboration.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, within strict
time parameters, and with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- 1-2 years' experience in Med Surg or hospital setting.
- Completion of an accredited RN education program with a
diploma, Associate's or Bachelor's degree. Bachelor's degree in
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the State of Ohio
- Experience in home health care and 1 year experience in
medical-surgical nursing. In addition to Acute Care
- Valid driver's license and CPR certification is required.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
Please apply via our web-site at www.vnaohio.org
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefit package
including medical, dental, tuition reimbursement and 403B.
You can learn more about VNA of Ohio at www.vnaohio.org.
VNA of Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free
Keywords: Visiting Nurse Association of Ohio, Cleveland , RN Case Manager, FT (Western Cuyahoga, Summit & Medina County), Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!