Digital Print & Mail Equipment Operator I
Company: Medical Mutual of Ohio
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Please note this position will work either 2nd or 3rd shift
Operates and monitors consoles, printers, duplication machines,
computerized mail equipment, and other peripheral equipment (which
includes bindery machines). Identifies and resolves hardware and
software problems with the assistance of senior level operators if
needed. Resolves production problems, completes customer requests
and adheres to the department's process and procedures. Performs
bindery functions by crafting products from various size sheets.
Have the ability to set up proper mailing classifications for all
outgoing documents. Produces professional communication products
that support the company's needs in an efficient and timely manner
while tracking the job completion date, destination, materials used
and labor time via computer entries into job tracking software. Be
able to set up and operate multiple bar code and insertion software
applications. Position requires knowledge of postal regulations and
courier services for proper mailing preparation
- Operates consoles, printers, duplication machines, computerized
mail equipment, and other peripheral equipment (which includes
bindery machines) according to procedures and the directions of the
Manager to ensure the highest equipment utilization. Interprets
console messages and initiates appropriate actions. Performs
bindery operations, both hand and mechanical, to provide a
professional product. Sets up and operates all bindery equipment to
ensure that user requirements are met.
- Executes an outlined program to learn the functions of the
document service area from senior level technicians. Interprets
console messages and initiates appropriate actions. Notifies senior
level technicians of unfamiliar console messages and equipment or
print problems. Maintains a technical understanding of all hardware
and software. Uses a computer for job tracking, bindery shipping
and other company driven tasks.
- Generates service calls as required to ensure timely resolution
of discrepancies and problems. Accurately conveys information to
management, support staff, customers, and vendors.
- Selects appropriate output forms to protect the integrity of
production output files and reports.
- Performs established maintenance procedures when prompted or
required by machine. Provides input and completes daily turnover
- Remains aware of the status of all peripheral equipment
- Maintains adequate stock supply and tracks stock orders on a
- Maintains all data processing distribution lists to ensure
customers receive their documents on a timely basis.
- Logs and separates all input/output (I/O) reports for
distribution to customer departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 year working in a digital print / high volume mail house
- Lift Truck certification license required.
- Towmotor operator license preferred.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Intermediate understanding of computer systems (hardware and
- Knowledge in printing, mailing, bindery, stich, cutting, and
heat seal devices.
- Knowledge in document management systems - such as distribution
- Experience with CICS, MVS, and JES2 preferred
- Knowledge of postal standards and regulations.
Medical Mutual is looking to grow our team! We truly value and
respect the talents and abilities of all of our employees. That's
why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
A Great Place to Work:
- Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Year after year we've received
- On-site wellness center at most locations. Enjoy personal
trainers, towel service, locker room, weight room, elliptical
machines, and a variety of classes!
- On-site cafeteria serving hot breakfast and lunch, at most
locations. Choices ranging from salad bar, made to order, hot and
cold sandwiches, or a variety of entrees cooked fresh daily.
Convenience store at most locations
- Employee discount program. Discounts at many places in and
around town, just for being a Medical Mutual team member
- Business Casual attire
Excellent Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive compensation plans
- Employee bonus program
- 401(k) with company match and an additional company
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, and disability
An Investment in You:
- Career development programs and classes
- Mentoring and coaching to help you advance
- Education reimbursement up to $5K per year
About Medical Mutual:
We strive to create peace of mind. Our customers can trust us to
do things right and to help them get value from their health plan.
We're the largest health insurer in Ohio and for over 85 years,
we've been serving our members and the Ohio communities where they
live and work. Medical Mutual is a Top Place to Work in Northeast
Ohio with exceptional career opportunities that offer challenge,
growth and a great work/life balance. We want talented, innovative,
and driven people to help us continue to be the best health
insurance choice of Ohioans and help make Ohio the best it can be!
Our headquarter building is located in the heart of downtown
Cleveland and we have multiple offices throughout the state. Join
us at one near you!
At Medical Mutual and its family of companies we celebrate
differences and are mutually invested in our employees and our
community. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national
origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment
substance abuse and nicotine testing.
Keywords: Medical Mutual of Ohio, Cleveland , Digital Print & Mail Equipment Operator I, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!