Application Developer 3
Company: Westfield Group, Insurance
Location: Westfield Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
BUILD YOUR FUTUREWHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique
experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is
celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly
learn that protecting our customer's future is at the heart of what
we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild
businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has
been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that
recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek
opportunity, and strive for innovation in a changing world.
Westfield's IT organization enables the company's strategic
priorities in collaboration with our business partners. By
continually transforming and evolving with the business, we deliver
new solutions to meet their needs, using trailblazing technologies
and integration with top industry software products. Through our
innovative work, made possible by the stability of our 170+ year
history, we are able to provide our agents and customers with
insights and solutions to protect them and help them prosper.
Application Developer 3 Job Summary
Location: Westfield Center, OH Home Office
Salary Range: $93,195 - $121,153
An Application Developer 3 works under minimal supervision in a
production support and/or project team environment to deliver both
custom-developed and package-based software. Uses standard
processes to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and
applications. Translates business and system requirements into
technical requirements and design documents for the proposed
solution. Typically works on complex assignments. This includes
researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software
specifications throughout the software development lifecycle. The
Application Developer 3 also analyzes and corrects complex
incidents and defects in a timely and accurate fashion and provides
status reports as required. Serves as a subject matter expert. An
Application Developer 3 can support a variety of technologies that
may include, but are not limited to, the following: Java and
related tools, Mainframe and related tools, PeopleSoft and related
tools, ECM, Cognos.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job
exists in order of importance)
- Works under minimal supervision in a production support and/or
project team environment to deliver both custom-developed and
- Translates business and system requirements into technical
requirements and design documents for the proposed solution.
- Uses standard processes, under minimal supervision, to design,
code, test, and analyze software programs and applications.
- Prepares estimates, creates designs, performs coding and unit
testing for custom-developed applications. May delegate work
associated with these activities.
- Oversees and coordinates tasks for both internal and external
resources in providing software solutions.
- Performs quality assurance functions including unit testing,
system testing, integration testing, and overall technical
oversight. Works with the Lead Test Analyst on the overall test
strategy for the proposed solution.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical leadership on a
variety of issues and initiatives within their team and unit.
- Provides production support to existing applications as
- Responsible for ensuring security standards are met and
business continuity activities are completed as needed.
- Adheres to software development lifecycle and service
- Maintains advanced level of knowledge with respect to relevant
technology, tools, processes and related best practices.
- Coaches and mentors less experienced Application Developers, as
well as coordinates medium to large projects or initiatives
typically on current team.
- Travels occasionally in order to participate in special
assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in
order of importance)
- A minimum of 5 years' experience performing application
development and/or production support.
- 4+ years' experience successfully working on moderate to high
- 4+ years' experience with enterprise development concepts as it
related to code management, quality standards, and security
- Experience designing and successfully implementing integrated
- Actively learns through experimentation when handling new
situations/problems and utilizes lessons from past success and
- Experience collaborating within and across teams in order to
successfully deliver solutions.
- Experience working independently and directing work of
- Strong time management skills including the ability to plan
work and set priorities.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate work experience.
- Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+
hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a
computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work
environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone,
computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of
work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These
may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned
as needed by management.
Keywords: Westfield Group, Insurance, Cleveland , Application Developer 3, Other , Westfield Center, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!