Identity Access Management (IAM) Engineer
Posted on: June 12, 2021
We're looking for people who put their innovation work to
advance our success - and their own. Join an organization that
ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our
customers with inventive electrical solutions.
Although our preference is for a candidate to be located in the
Minneapolis-St. Paul metro area, we are open to candidates working
remote anywhere in the United States or Canada. If remote, periodic
travel will be required.
WHAT YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
As our IAM Engineer, you will plan, organize, and manage the
enterprise identity environment. You will ensure that the identity
systems and associated integrations are properly planned,
installed, configured, secured, and maintained. This includes
developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional
areas, particularly Microsoft AAD and Federation technologies.
In this position, you will get to:
- Develop, manage, support and maintain our Enterprise identity
systems, federation, and identity access management.
- Ensure stable operation, architecture, and upgrades of the
global identity service.
- Own the integrations of enterprise systems to the global
- Maintain policies, procedures, and training plans for all
- Identify and troubleshoot access issues related to identity
problems or identity integrations.
- Work with the architecture, support, and operations teams to
implement, design, and perform configuration changes.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person
communications with the organization's decision-makers,
stakeholders, department heads, Service Desk, and end users
regarding pertinent activities.
- Adhere to industry best practices for identity
- Identity integration to all cloud providers.
- Federation of identities to outside application providers.
- Service delivery of associated managed service providers.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Information Technology or
equivalent on-the-job experience required.
- Ideally 5-7 years working experience and proficiency with
Active Directory in a large enterprise.
- Experience designing, supporting, maintaining and administering
Microsoft 365 technologies including, but not limited to: Office
365, Azure, and Windows.
- Experience with supporting technologies and protocols including
security, DNS, ADSync, log analysis, scripting, patching, pushing
out policies to endpoint clients.
- Experience scripting Microsoft Exchange PowerShell commands
needed to managed Active Directory or Active Directory Federation
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and
verbal, and with the ability to communicate effectively with all
levels of an organization.
- Solid understanding of the SDLC and Agile Methodologies.
- Experience with the JIRA suite of software.
- Microsoft M365 or Azure certified.
- CCSP certification a plus.
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world
that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career
opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
We are a $2 billion, high-performance electrical company with a
dedicated team of 8,800 people and trusted brands such as CADDY,
ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation,
quality and reliability, our products connect and protect,
consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial,
residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our
Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds
to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees
volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the
best for our employees and our customers. We're known for
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive
electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion
and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's
authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks
Keywords: nVent, Cleveland , Identity Access Management (IAM) Engineer, Other , Solon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!