Posted on: June 12, 2021
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning architecture and engineering
firm serving public and private entities across the nation. As a
multidisciplinary firm, DLZ provides engineering and architectural
design services, construction management, surveying, right-of-way
acquisition and materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design
Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In
addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S.
Design Firms. Our growth is a testament to the quality of our work
and the satisfaction of our clients.Our mission is to build on our
reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural,
engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and
exceeding our clients' expectations and are known for our
competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and
communities we service and in which we live.
DLZ Corporation currently has rewarding Surveyor opportunities
in Ohio.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform surveying assignments requiring a solid grasp of
surveying principles and the exercise of professional
- Make exact measurements and determine property boundaries.
Provide data relevant to the shape, contour, gravitation, location,
elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the
earth's surface for engineering, construction, and other
- Survey and investigate land surfaces to project precise
measurement and location of lines, angles, points, areas, and
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal
descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability
for work performed.
- Assist office, survey and right-of-way acquisition personnel
with project description and location, determining legal
boundaries, interpretation of deeds, etc.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in
accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Surveying / Mapping, or
another relevant field.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Surveying (FS)
exam preferred with educational requirements to take the
Professional Surveyor (PS) exam.
- 0 - 20 years relevant experience
- Ohio Professional Survey license is preferred but not
- The ability to become licensed in surrounding states is a
- AutoCAD, Civil3D, Bentley Microstation, and Tremble Survey
equipment experience preferred.
- Experience calculating construction stake out points from plans
and electronic media helpful.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project
sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and
requirements, including a valid driver's license.
At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health,
dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care
flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with
an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative
wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ
fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal,
and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status,
genetic information, or any other category protected by federal,
state, and local laws. #LI-DM1
Keywords: DLZ, Cleveland , Surveyor, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!