Lincoln Electric is a global manufacturer of the highest quality
welding, cutting and joining solutions ranging from simple to
complex. With over 120 years of service excellence, we are
committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to
foster innovation and a first class experience for our customers.
Lincoln Electric, where the actual is limited and the possible is
Req. ID: 19802
PURPOSE: To assist an energetic team in the development of
advanced welding machines and associated processes; to conduct
tests and validate new areas of welding machine design and/or on
new welding processes
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Assists the Research and Development team in the design,
construction, documentation and testing of components, assemblies,
and products such as inverters, engine welders, and plasma
- Performs extensive hands-on testing and development of welding
and cutting equipment in various processes; including SMAW, GTAW,
GMAW, SAW, CAG, PAW and PAC.
- Applies new areas of welding technology; including highly
automated systems, to demonstrate and quantify performance
improvements over existing technologies.
- Performs non-routine assignments of substantial variety and
- Acts as informal resource for colleagues with less
- Compiles and computes a variety of engineering data; may
analyze test and design data; develops or prepares weld procedure
data, designs, specifications, parts lists, or makes
recommendations regarding these items.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in
support of the Company's 2025 Strategy.
- Associates degree and 5 years of experience or GED with 7
years' experience in a technical field
- Works with a limited degree of supervision, with oversight
focused only on complex new assignments
- Has full proficiency in a range of technical processes or
- Possesses and applies both practical and fundamental
understanding of various arc welding and cutting processes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possesses a strong desire to learn.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to handle a constantly changing set of priorities.
- Ability to use personal computers and common laboratory
- Ability to read and comprehend wiring diagrams, schematics and
- Good hands-on assembly and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Robotic Programming Preferred.
- Capable of lifting 60 pounds on an occasional basis.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ)
with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in
over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well
positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our
customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute
to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that
comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It
is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from
third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of
Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager
of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric.
Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln
Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric
will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not
coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting
Employment Status: Hourly Full-Time
Function: Research & Development
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)
EOE, including disability/veterans
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Technician, Welding, Engineer, Maintenance, R&D
Engineer, Technology, Manufacturing, Engineering