Acetylene Fill Plant Operator
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Praxair, Inc. is a leading industrial
gas company in North and South America and one of the largest
worldwide. Praxair produces, sells and distributes atmospheric,
process and specialty
gases, and high-performance
surface coatings. Our products,
servicesand technologies are making our planet more
productive by bringing efficiency and environmental benefits
to a wide variety of
food and beverage,
healthcare, manufacturing, primary
metalsand many others. For more information about the company,
please visit our website at
Praxair Distribution, Inc. is seeking an Acetylene Fill Plant
Operator to join our team located in Twinsburg, OH.
The Acetylene Fill Plant Operator performs routine daily
acetylene production and cylinder filling activities. These
activities include the operation and monitoring of process
equipment, cylinder filling, material handing, and minor equipment
maintenance. The Acetylene Fill Plant Operator must follow industry
and government guidelines and adhere to all company safety
requirements. The Acetylene Fill Plant Operator works regularly
with and around hazardous materials.
Acetylene Fill Plant Operator
- Operates and monitors acetylene generation and processing
- Performs acetylene cylinder filling assignments including
visual inspections, weighing, residual gas and solvent
calculations, labeling, and handling, and minor cylinder
- Executes daily work assignments in accordance with established
priorities and assures own work is accurate, correct and meets
existing regulatory and procedural requirements and managements
- Conducts equipment troubleshooting and minor maintenance and
routine inspection of operating equipment to fix or determine the
need for additional equipment repairs or replacement, as
- Operate and maintain process machinery and equipment.
- Perform all required pre-fill cylinder inspections and fill
cylinders in accordance with specific guidelines and
- Perform post-fill cylinder inspections and ensure cylinders are
ready for safe transport and use before release.
- Regularly inspects and maintain filling equipment and
associated monitoring devices.
- Ensure cylinder filling records are accurately completed and
- Ability to operate material handling equipment including
cranes, forklifts, and pallet jacks.
- Maintains work areas clean and organized.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Degree or GED
- Minimum 1 year experience working in an industrial setting
- The positions required functional and technical key skills
- Complete company administered classroom and hands-on
instruction and satisfactorily pass written and practical
demonstration exams as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and follow procedures and
complete task on time as assigned.
- Forklift training and experience preferred
- Ability to lift 10-20 pounds and occasionally lift 50-100
- Ability to move containers and pallets weighing up to 2000
pounds with proper material handling equipment
- Safety must be priority
- Must have the ability to perform basic math functions
- Ability to read and comprehend policies, procedures and other
company and industry documents
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours and weekends, as
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
reason prohibited by applicable law.
Keywords: Praxair-PDI, Cleveland , Acetylene Fill Plant Operator, Other , Twinsburg, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!