Company: Howmet Aerospace
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Summary: Develops the quality strategy and vision for
the organization. Manages the Quality System and all its functions
throughout the organization.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manages the activities of assigned
employees (including assigned Work Leaders). Conducts training,
recommends adjustments to pay, completes performance appraisals,
initiates timely corrective action, as appropriate (including
- Manages and implements the Quality Policy and develops,
documents and maintains an effective Quality System in accordance
with ISO-9001 and customer requirements while leading a robust
processes for achievement of TS 16949 compliance.
- Manages, establishes and maintains measurables for reviewing
and monitoring the effectiveness of the Quality System. Drives
organizational improvement through clear reporting of the
performance of the Quality System and quality issues (i.e.
noncon-formance, Cpk, audit results, corrective & preventive
action, customer returns, etc.) to management to use as a basis for
- Formulates quality policies and practices. Participates in
developing goals and objectives. Coordinates department budget
- Manages communication of quality operations to Company
Management. Represents the organization when dealing with customers
and employees. Represents the needs of the customer. Addresses
customer complaints and returns.
- Provides leadership and coordinate strategic business
initiatives required to drive process improvement at BCR in the
achievement of a quality excellence environment.
- Applies knowledge in quality systems to drive disciplined
systems and robust processes, and focused standardization of best
practices; in conjunction with managing to a cohesive set of key
performance metrics that provide objective insights into the health
and effectiveness of our business operating system.
- Manages risk mitigation and containment utilizing industry
standards, while collaborating with the corporate legal,
commercial, manufacturing and support teams to quickly resolve open
customer and manufacturing issues typically with specific and broad
legal implications for BCR.
- Manages, devises, leads, and implements error-proofing strategy
to lead organization to superior performance with less
people-intensive measurement systems
- Manages, devises, and implements continual improvement of
optimal monitoring and measureing processes such as in-line
automated gaging in support of less people-intensive production
- Utilizes Lean Manufacturing techniques to elevate the Quality
culture of the plant while leading employee engagement teams with
focus on scrap and rework reduction
- Devises, leads, develops, and implements paperless quality
system and processes
- Leads and coaches Quality department personnel to superior
- Elevates Quality department personnel by leading and
implementing IDP actions
- Actively engages outside sources to improve BCR-incoming
- Bachelor's degree is required
- Extensive knowledge of quality and production systems.
- Evidence of Quality related continuing education
- Professionalism and human relation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of error proofing concepts
- Extensive knowledge of in-line automated gaging
- Extensive knowledge of automative quality systems and
- Strong coaching and motivational skills
- Knowledge of principles and applications of statistical methods
including statistical problem solving is required
- Highly developed written and verbal (influencing) communication
skills are also required
- Highly developed customer (internal and external) relationship
- Automotive manufacturing background is preferred
- MBA degree is preferred
- Advanced certification from ASQ or other professional QC
organization is preferred
- Experienced in turning around manufacturing operations would be
- Lifting : No Lifting
- Standing: Infrequently (less than 20% of workday)
- Walking: Infrequently (less than 20% of workday)
- Bending and Twisting: Minimal or none
- Temperature Extremes (percent of time working in non-climate
controlled, production environment): Minimal or none
- Noise (percent of time working in noisy, production
environment): Minimal or none
This description is a general statement of duties and
responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. This
description is not intended to be all inclusive and other related
duties may be assigned.
Keywords: Howmet Aerospace, Cleveland , Quality Manager, Other , Barberton, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!