Posted on: June 12, 2021
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
Maintains and repairs physical structures, pipe and electrical
systems, mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines
and equipment, and machinery and mechanical equipment such as
engines, motors, pneumatic tools, and conveyor systems. Sets up and
operates variety of machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to
fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines.
Plans and coordinates schedule of preventive maintenance for
equipment, machinery, tools, and buildings.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect
malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with
supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and
related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces
gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism
or hydraulic system.
- Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and
measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following
- Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and
electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and
connects cables and wires between machines and equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as motors and lighting
fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as
relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices.
- Diagnoses and replaces faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and
pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Assists departments with requests including moving furniture
and unloading and storing supplies.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to
increase efficiency of work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in
solving work problems.
- Maintains time (preventive maintenance) and production records
(general work orders) utilizing MPulse software.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from
- Operates snow removal equipment to maintain parking lots and
- Maintains and repairs building's plumbing systems.
- Reviews manufacturers' service manuals, own establishment's
usage schedules, and records of maintenance problems to determine
optimum frequency of preventive maintenance.
- Studies production and operation schedules and confers with
other staff and with maintenance supervisors to determine when
planned maintenance will least interfere with operation of
- Estimates costs of personnel, parts, and supplies to be used
during scheduled maintenance.
- Maintains records of planned and completed maintenance.
- Communicate with 3rd party contractors on repairs or
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Generate and identify Corrective Action and Preventative Action
- Ensure department meets OSHA safety standards with Safety
- Organize facility fire/emergency evacuation drills
- Ensure all ISO documentation is current and adhered to
- Assist quality department with all necessary document
- Assist production and other departments when needed
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should
demonstrate the following competencies:
- 5 years of experience in general maintenance.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well
within a team
- Ability to multitask
- Good analytical skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Knowledge of pneumatic equipment
- Knowledge of plumbing and general construction
- Knowledge of welding and fabrication
- Knowledge of hydraulic and mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical up to 480v, control panels, and
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS:
Ravago Americas is an equal employment opportunity employer. We
adhere to a policy of making employment decisions without regard to
race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability,
veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status. We assure
you that your opportunity for employment with this employer depends
solely upon your qualifications.
- Job Family PRODUCTION & WAREHOUSE MANPOWER JOB FAMILY
- Job Function Production/Whse
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 700025 - RA Medina Whse
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Job Start Date Monday, May 10, 2021
Keywords: Ravago, Cleveland , Maintenance Coordinator, Other , Medina, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!