Company: Illinois Tool Works
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Permatex, Inc. a division of Illinois Tool Works (NYSE: ITW); is
a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium
chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair, home
and hardware markets. Core brands include: Permatex, Fast Orange,
Spray Nine, the Right Stuff and Devcon Home.
This individual will support the Quality and EHS team in
regulatory, environmental, health, and safety functions including
administration of federal, state, and international regulations,
finished product MSDS generation, product labeling, and overall
site safety. Primary areas of focus will be regulatory compliance
for finished goods and best in class site safety.
- Overall site safety through the implementation of best in class
safety programs, safety infrastructure, and safety training for all
- Plan, Schedule, and Administer training for annual requirements
such as BBP, Hazcom, SAA, LO/TO, Fire extinguisher, Respiratory fit
testing, Confined Space, HAZWOPER/RCRA, and other best practice
- Prepare and distribute educational materials on the Division's
health and safety policies and procedures.
- Audit facilities to ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
- Conduct inspections and tests planned to provide familiarity
with company operations, specific safety and health issues,
regulations, and company practices.
- Collect and analyze site data to identify problem areas. Assist
Division Leaders in developing solutions.
- Create and maintain finished product SDS in U.S. and
international formats and languages.
- Create regulatory warning statements for finished product
labels including U.S. and international formats and languages.
- Implement federal, state, and international requirements on
- Determine shipping classifications for products to ensure
compliance with appropriate regulations (e.g. DOT, IATA, IMDG,
- Assist with waste compliance for Solon location.
- Maintain Emergency Response System (fire drills, tornado
- Assist sales, marketing, & other support staff with product
specific regulatory questions and concerns.
- Additional job activities as may be required by the
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Safety & Applied Sciences or a
related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of work experience in specialty chemical field and/or
- Knowledge of safety & environmental reporting regulations and
consensus standards (OSHA, EPA, NIOSH, ANSI, NFPA, DHS), inspection
procedures, incident prevention, incident investigation techniques,
and safety and environmental education and training.
- Experience with EPA Pesticide Registered Products and EPA FIFRA
- Knowledge of California, Canadian, European, & Asian Specific
Country/State Regulations such as Prop 65, CARB, Cal Recycle,
WHMIS, REACH, RoHS-WEEE, SVHC, UFI, ect.
- Knowledge of SPCC, SWPPP, TRI, SERC-Tier II, Hazardous Waste,
plans, procedures, and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with minimal
- Self-starter with initiative and follow through.
- Curiosity and desire to learn.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all
levels of an organization.
- Computer literate and strong organization skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This
job description should not be construed to contain every
function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an
incumbent in this position. Incumbents are required to perform
other related functions as assigned.
Keywords: Illinois Tool Works, Cleveland , EHS Specialist, Other , Solon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!