Dietary Aide / Cook
Company: Saber Healthcare Group, LLC
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Sign On Bonus
DIETARY AIDE / COOK
NOW OFFERING WEEKLY PAY!
Offering 8 Hour Shifts!
COVID VACCINE - Recommended but not Required
Be confident and comfortable where you work with both Skilled
and LTC areas!
80 bed facility - Convenient distance to all of Northeast Ohio
including Lakeland Community College
Join our team who strives for success, enriches compassion for
residents, and encourages growth, both personally and
Stability in the Strong Leadership / Management team who strives
& achieves customer service excellence with dedicated staff!
Easy access from Interstate 90/Route 2 via Diamond Center
Located off Route 2 on the Mentor/Painesville Border behind
Easy access to Lake Tran with stops directly in front of
SIGN ON BONUS: $3,000 (FT) $1,500 (PT)
Bonus paid out at $750 every 90 days!
Come and join us at Saber Health Group where cooking from
Scratch is a style and a daily goal. Cooks and Dietary Aids are
introduced to many opportunities to develop and polish their skills
to serve a supreme cuisine on an executive chef level. Here at
Saber Health Group we are the leading company in our industry in
the US Eastern area. We are pleased to have the highest rating from
our employees. We are hiring an experienced Dietary Aide to help us
keep growing. If you are dedicated and ambitious, Saber Health
family wants you and it is an excellent place to grow your career.
You will have the chance to learn about Scratch Cooking and how to
develop your skills to grow in our company. Well qualified
employees can take advantage of the Saber CDM scholarship program
which provides funds to pursue management level opportunities and
grow with us.
Do not hesitate to apply. To become a great cook you should try
to gain experience in a kitchen in any role you can and this job is
a great opportunity to do just that! Learn about cooking
techniques, kitchen operation, best professional practices for
management, and food safety guidelines. Culinary arts training is
preferred and can help you advance from line cook to kitchen
management positions, though in most kitchens, proven talent and
work ethic on the job are the most important factors to help you
find success in this career and with Saber health Group Family.
Well qualified employees can take advantage of the Saber CDM
scholarship program which provides funds to pursue management level
opportunities and grow with us.
Dietary Aide / Cook Job Responsibilities:
- Pleases customers by providing a pleasant dining
- Serves meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and
cooking ingredients; and maintaining a sanitary kitchen.
- Executes cold food production in accordance with standards of
plating guide specifications.
- Attends to the detail and presentation of each order.
- Prepares ingredients by following recipes; slicing, cutting,
chopping, mincing, stirring, whipping, and mixing ingredients;
adding seasonings; verifying taste; and plating meals.
- Completes hot meal preparation by grilling, sauting, roasting,
frying, and broiling ingredients and assembling and refrigerating
- Adheres to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety
procedures; maintains temperature and Hazard Analysis Critical
Control Point (HACCP) logs as required; and maintains appropriate
dating, labeling, and rotation of all food items.
- Stores leftovers according to established standards.
- Contributes to daily, holiday, and theme menus in collaboration
- Ensures smooth operation during absence of supervisor.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of equipment, food
storage, and work areas.
- Completes cleaning according to daily and weekly schedules and
dishwashing/pot washing as needed.
- Assists with orienting new employees to their work area.
- Listens to Residents' complaints and suggestions and resolves
- Implements suggestions within parameter of position and refers
more complex concerns to supervisor.
- Instructs personnel in use of new equipment and cleaning
methods and provides efficient and effective methods of maintaining
- Participates in and/or contributes to programs, committees, or
projects designed to improve quality of service and employee
- Organize and adjust tables for dining areas, paying special
attention to cleanliness and ease of use
- Assist team members with preparing and cooking meals for the
- Deliver meals and food trays to patients at predetermined
- Discard trash and remove waste after scheduled dining hall
- Maintain clean and orderly food stations for buffets and
- Monitor pantry stock and inform management of items running low
and in need or re-ordering
- Assist kitchen manager in creating menus within the budget and
requirements of patients
Dietary Aide / Cook Qualifications/Skills:
- Depending on the state of employment, professional
certification in food sanitation may be required
- Experience working in a medical environment or in customer
service is preferred
- Skilled in preparing food for a large group of people as
instructed by kitchen management
- Basic understanding of kitchen cookware and appliances
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills are needed to
successfully prepare large-scale catering orders
- Ability to work on your feet and in the standing position for
an extended period
- Flexibility in terms of availability, able to work holidays and
weekend generally preferred
- Ability to lift and transport heavy trays and carts as
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in ability to safely and
effectively operate standard foodservice equipment
- Customer service
- Oral communication
- Planning, problem solving, and teamwork
- High energy Level
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Preferred two (2) years of hospital, institutional, or
restaurant cooking experience to include food preparation
- Associate's degree in hotel or institutional food preparation
- Current food handler's card and other certification as required
by federal/state/local law
- High school diploma or GED
The Saber Advantage and Benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Wellness Program
- Competitive Salaries
- Employee Referral program
- Tuition Discount Programs!
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee recognition program and additional perks
- Culture of employees creating an IMPACT!
Shift & Wage:
- Full Time and Part Time Opportunities Available
- Various Shifts needed: Dayshift, Evenings, and Weekends
We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran and also promote a
Keywords: Saber Healthcare Group, LLC, Cleveland , Dietary Aide / Cook, Other , Painesville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!