Senior Urethane Synthesis Chemist
Company: Lubrizol Corporation
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven
global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to
optimize the quality, performance and value of customers' products
while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and
supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation,
industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include
lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other
transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives
for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes
ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products
and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics
technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and
additives. Please note that this position is located in Cleveland
Ohio* Accountability Statement: In support of Estane's growth
goals, design technical solutions and create information for new
technologies so that value decisions can be made. Work
cooperatively with PT and Applications for efficient
commercialization of new products. Provide technical information
and recommendations to assist in manufacturing problem solving from
pilot to full scale production. Summary of Responsibilities: The
Senior Scientist is primarily responsible for leading polymer
synthesis to improve current products or to develop new products
with unique performance characteristics. The position will work
with business teams to identify and lead new technology platforms
that deliver a new and valuable capability.
- Develop a deep working understanding of thermoplastic
polyurethane (TPU) polymer physics, chemistry, synthesis and
- Work with business teams and/or customers to identify
significant market needs.
- Translate identified market needs into polymer characteristics
and the chemistry to achieve them.
- Develop new TPU products and formulations and other high
performance thermoplastic elastomers.
- Support process development and scale up of new products.
- Deepen organizational understanding of TPU
- Perform independent research in a multidisciplinary environment
on complex issues.
- Use advanced chemical knowledge, data analytics, modeling, and
statistical tools to solve technical challenges.
- Communicate new learning to colleagues, sponsors and customers
in the form of reports and presentations.
- Create and secure intellectual property.
- Stay current with the state of the art in TPU chemistry, test
methods and processing techniques.
- Proactively maintain a safe working environment. SKILLS,
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SPECIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ph.D. in Polymer Science, Chemistry, Materials Science or
- 5+ Years of industrial experience in polymer synthesis
- Experience in high performance thermoplastic elastomers is
- Experience translating customer needs and performance gaps into
- Track record of innovation leading to commercializing new
- Strong project management skills including the ability to
manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to lead diverse, multidisciplinary work teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience with customer
- Up to 20% global travel
- Willingness to travel as needed With multiple facilities in and
around-- Cleveland, Ohio , Lubrizol is located in one of the
largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven
years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in
Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace
by Northeast Ohio's annual Top Workplaces survey . --Buzzing with
business, culture, knowledge and entertainment,-- Northeast Ohio
--is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to--
live, learn, work and play . This region offers a little bit of
everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities,
affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities,
world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts,
museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the
country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural,
education and health institutions in the nation. From making your
heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting
event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state
parks , to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the
second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make
it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio . Lubrizol is an equal
opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Chemist, Chemical Engineer, Developer, Materials
Science, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Technology
Keywords: Lubrizol Corporation, Cleveland , Senior Urethane Synthesis Chemist, Other , Brecksville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!