Company: Winking Lizard Tavern
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Title: Line/Prep Cook--Department: Department of Great
Reports To: Restaurant Management Team--FLSA: Non-ExemptJob Types:
Full-time, Part-timePay: From $15.00 per hour--Primary
Responsibilities:--Completes all assigned prep work and sets up
cook's station. Maintains product presentations, product quality,
and cook time standards. Prepares all menu items according to the
Winking Lizard Tavern recipes, plate presentations, and
specifications.--ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESI. Quality
- Accurately read all tickets and prepare menu items according to
the Winking Lizard Tavern recipes, plate presentation, and
- Uses a sense of urgency when preparing menu items to ensure
Winking Lizard ticket time standards.
- Ensures accurate plating of all food items by maintaining
proper portions according to spec.
- Store and rotate product according to FIFO practices.
- Utilizes scales, spoodles, and other utensils to measure
product.II. Line/Prep Cook shift responsibilities
- Completes all assigned prep work.
- Effectively operate and maintain all kitchen equipment
including slicers and knives.
- Knowledge of station set up and break down procedures.
- Sets up station according to diagram or schematic.
- Practices and maintains sanitary and safe food handling
procedures at all times.
- In addition to frequent hand washing throughout the shift,
wears clean disposable gloves on both hands at all times when
handling ready-to-eat foods.
- Maintains a clean, sanitized, and organized workstation and
surrounding area, sweeping floors throughout the shift and stocking
all necessary supplies.
- Completes opening and closing checklists for every shift.
- Completes assigned daily, weekly, and monthly sidework and
cleaning projects in a timely and efficient manner.Makes certain
all food items for guests and employees are rung in prior to
- items leaving the kitchen
- Minimizes waste by following approved Winking Lizard cooking
- Maintains working knowledge of specials, promotions, and menu
- Cleans and sanitizes the work area before, during, and after
- Properly uses chemicals when cleaning and complies with MSDS
regulations.III. Compliance to Winking Lizard standards, systems,
procedures, and policies
- Maintains kitchen operations through zoning of product,
controlling of waste, product receiving, and restaurant security
- Maintains the Company expectations of performance and behavior
in the restaurant as established in the Employee Handbook,
Training Manual, Policy manual, and Employee Guidelines.
- Appropriate hair restraint worn at all times.
- Does not make or prepare non-Winking Lizard food items in the
- Uses a lid and a straw on all cups when drinking beverages in
- Maintains an excellent personal appearance by following Winking
Lizard uniform guidelines and personal hygiene standards by being
in clean uniform prior to the start of each shift.
- Clocks in and out for breaks following proper break procedures.
Approves break through a manager prior to leaving assigned
- Responsible to wear non-slip shoes for every shift.
- Eats in a designated area of the restaurant. Does not eat or
drink in guests' view.
- Keeps personal belongings (coats, purses, back packs, etc.) in
a designated area approved by management.
- Must be reliable and punctual in reporting for work as
scheduled.GENERAL WORKING CONDITIONS
The characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Shift Length - Varies - 8-10 hour shifts
- Breaks - hour per shift if applicable
- Flooring - Cement, tile, and hardwood floor
- Lighting - Adequate and overhead
- Miscellaneous - Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes,
and loud noisePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Infrequent Occasional Frequent Continuous
- (1-2X per shift) (3-12X per hour) (13-30X per hour) (30+X per
- Floor to waist Up to 120 lbs Up to 50 lbs
- Waist to shoulder Up to 120 lbs Up to 20 lbs Up to 15 lbs
- Shoulder to overhead Up to 20 lbs Up to 20 lbs Up to 5 lbs Up
to 10 lbs
- Carry Up to 25 lbs Up to 30 lbs
- Push/pull Up to 120 lbs Up to 60 lbs
- Standing X
- Walking X
- Sitting X
- Bending X
- Reaching X
- Squatting/kneeling X
- Fine manipulation XADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Medium to heavy strength range
- Reading, writing, and verbal communication skills required
- Able to respond in emergency situations to avoid imminent
danger to self and others
- Responsible, dependable, and flexible in scheduling
- Work in harmony with staffBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistanceSchedule:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- WeekendsCOVID-19 considerations:
We are committed to keeping our employees and guests safe. All
Front of the House employees must wear facial covering, we are
enforcing social distancing, we have plexiglass barriers for all
bar guests and are not seating more than parties of ten.--Shift
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)Work Location:
- One locationHours per week:
- 30-39This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborativeThis Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diplomaCompany's
- www.winkinglizard.comCompany's Facebook page:
- https://www.facebook.com/WinkingLizard/Benefit Conditions:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligibleWork Remotely:
- NoRequired qualifications:
- 18 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Keywords: Winking Lizard Tavern, Cleveland , Line Cook, Other , Brunswick, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!