Company: Akron Childrens Hospital
Posted on: February 16, 2020
About UsAkron Children's Hospital is one of the largest
independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the
best children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our
dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year
through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations
offering primary and specialty care.We are leading the way to
healthier futures for children and communities through expert
medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a
teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other
universities, we train new generations of pediatricians,
specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
'The Supervisor EEG supervises the day to day operations and
activities of the neurodiagnostic laboratory/
1. Adds value as a key member of management; understands the
business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
2. Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and
develops, and manages performance to company goals and
3. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain
4. Supervises the day to day operations and activities of the
neurodiagnostic laboratory/ EMU.
5. Supervises technical staff, assists in the preparation of
operating and capital budgets annually, orders equipment and
6. Supervises plans and helps develop training activities.
7. Performs high quality routine, digital, portable, and long term
video EEG and elctrocerebral inactivity recordings.
8. Performs special tests such as evoked potentials and assist
physician with EMG and nerve conduction studies.
9. Supports and promotes a team and performance improvement
10. Participates in committees and other meetings as needed.
11. Supports hospital and division goals and objectives through
daily staff coaching, mentoring, education and research
12. Communicates with management regarding daily and strategic
initiatives and opportunities. Participates in clinical care
13. Is available on a 24-hour emergency basis.
14. Supervise, plan, review and perform work of
15. Assist in preparation of capital and operational budget,
monitor expenditures, order supplies
16. Arrange equipment repair, servicing, purchases and
17. Recruit, orient, train, in service, discipline and evaluate
18. Assist in performance of neurodiagnostic studies done in
19. Monitor daily operations and activities of the lab and/or
20. Other duties as required.
1. Experience as an electroneurodiagnostic technologist is
2. Experience as an electroneurodiagnostic technologist occurring
after ABRET registry is required.
3. Experience with anatomy and physiology, basic electronics, and
medical terminology is preferred.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar
software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: EEG registered by the American Board of
Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technologists is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
Full TimeFTE: 1.000000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: ALLIED HEALTH OTHER
Keywords: Akron Childrens Hospital, Cleveland , EEG Supervisor, Other , Doylestown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!