Technical Training Specialist - Alt Energy (EVSE/Inverters)
Company: CSA America Testing & Certification LLC
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Employment Status:RegularTime Type:Full timeBUILDING A WORLD
CLASS TEAM STARTS WITH YOUAt the heart of CSA Group is a vision:
making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It's been
part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first
engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more
than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.Headquartered
in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices
across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects
and certifies a wide range of products - from every day househould
items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for
safety, performance and environmental impact.Our employees take
pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work
that we do. We're looking for people like you to help make it
happen.Job Summary:The Technical Training Specialist is responsible
for delivery of educational training products, processes and
programs designed to ensure that CSA Group technical employees are
competent to deliver required skills and services. Works in
partnership with Operations, Human Resources and technical experts
to identify, design, deliver and evaluate employee technical
education programs. Supports technical excellence, competency,
consistency, leadership, and integrity, to support the strategic
direction and objectives of CSA Group globally. The Technical
Training Specialist works with Technical Training Managers, and
other Technical Training Specialists for content development, and
the Operations team for logistics support. Responsible to work with
Human Resources and other vested stakeholders to provide input into
the development of a system to track qualification as required by
accreditation bodies of testing, inspection and certification
- Responsible for the delivery of technical training programs,
with support from the Technical Oversight Managers & Principal
Technical Leads, and other Training Specialists to ensure a system
that is consistent, effective and focused on ongoing delivery of
technical training worldwide.
- Provides direct mentoring to staff and facilitates the
mentoring process within CSA Group.
- Works towards achieving training goals and initiatives (based
on targeted KPI's) to ensure alignment with CSA Group's strategic
goals, objectives and priorities.
- Works in partnership with Technical Oversight Managers &
Principal Technical Leads, Operations and other stakeholders in the
technical training needs analysis and delivery of education
programs, works cooperatively with the HR team for methodology &
content development services.
- Supports the development of all training programs and reference
materials, used to facilitate the knowledge transfer, consistency
and growth of technical training provided to a global
- Works with a wide range of stakeholder groups to identify
training & qualification requirements for various roles. Supports
the optimization of accreditation requirements and how
qualifications can be gained more efficiently to support
- Supports the definition of expectations and measurements to
assess training effectiveness and impact to global operational
- Works with HR and Operations to support the development of a
culture that develops the organization's knowledge assets.
- Promotes and implements improvements in processes and
procedures and ensures programs are up to date and consistent.
- Supports the scheduling and coordination of individual and
group training & qualification efforts across the
- Supports training and qualification requests of new offices or
integration of acquisitions with innovative solutions to
efficiently achieve training and qualification objectives.
- Responsible for managing the technical records of a global
Learning Management System (LMS) where trainings and qualification
are recorded as per requirements of certification accreditation
bodies. Works with HR/LMS team to constantly seek ways to improve
its design and functionality to make it more user friendly and meet
accreditation bodies' demand. Support teams mandated to upgrade or
- Supports and works towards the achievement of established
metrics (KPI's) including but not limited to qualification rates,
quality of training and retention of knowledge.
- Required to conduct presentations, and other related needs as
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and Registration as
P. Eng. or EIT with PEOor;
- 3-year College Diploma in a relevant technical discipline;
- Formal training in adult education, presentation/facilitation
skills particularly in a corporate environment would be an
- 5 - 8 years of relevant product certification or lab testing
- Recognized as a technical expert in electronics, Electric
Vehicle Charging Systems or Distributed Energy Systems
(inverters/switch gear), or similar
- Ability or experience to effectively mentor certification
engineers or lab staff.
- Demonstrates success in delivering complex subject matter to
diverse audiences using multiple delivery methods including virtual
- Demonstrates presentation and facilitation skills and ability
to speak in front of large audiences.Skills:
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication (both written
and oral), and presentation skills.
- Strong training skills must be evident, since training of
staff, including technical training specialists, is an essential
element of this position.
- Strong leadership skills are essential, as is the ability to
interact effectively with all levels of the organization in a
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Ability to effectively and efficiently deal with multiple
projects, conflicting timelines and changing priorities.
- Presentation skills are essential.
- Must be flexible and perform well in a team environment.
- Must be willing to travel globally.
- Must have demonstrated competence for the position and
commitment to technical excellence.
- Must have strong computer skills.In California, the salary
range for this position is $89,658 - $106,534 however for more
experienced candidates there will be flexibility outside of the
stated range.CSA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is
committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on any grounds
stipulated by applicable laws. We are an organization where
opportunities are based on skills and abilities, and differences
are respected and valued. Please contact us at if you require
accommodation in the interview process.
Keywords: CSA America Testing & Certification LLC, Cleveland , Technical Training Specialist - Alt Energy (EVSE/Inverters), IT / Software / Systems , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!