Company: Suncap Technology
Posted on: March 20, 2023
consulting to management, business users, and technical associates
and works closely with other developers to complete requests and
implement features. This position is responsible for the
implementation of interfaces and their behaviors along of the
integration of those interfaces with server-side services. The
Developer will lead efforts to generate code that will not alter
the presentation across supported browsers, operating systems and
devices. This is a mid-level position.
Strategy & Planning
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a
functional specification, and determines the most
- Research and improve current coding standards.
- Work with business and IT teams to plan new features, gather
requirements and suggest solutions.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design,
test, release and support).
- Ability to work with new technologies while showing drive,
versatility, adaptability, and creative thinking.
- Help foster a culture of innovation and out-of-the box
thinking. Acquisition & Deployment
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications,
and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions
utilizing multiple technologies.
- Estimate hours for project tasks.
- Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced
aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have
a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges
to the business.
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure shared use of standard
tools and processes.
- Communicate effectively by using natural language and by
writing clear and concise code. Operational Management
- Manage and prioritize workload between project and maintenance
- Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by
amending application documentation, developing detailed programming
logic, and coding changes.
- Provide support for critical web application problems and
- Help foster development of teams cross-functional and
collaborative capabilities. Incidental Functions
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools,
components, and frameworks.
- Knowledge share with development teams.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application
problems and issues.
- Analyze performance of websites and take action to correct
deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to
efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative
action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal
employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel is required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday may be
required. Position Requirements
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of
study (e.g., Information Technology, Electronics and
Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Systems Management,
Mathematics) or equivalent experience. Knowledge & Experience
- 2+ years IT experience.
- 2+ years' experience working with CSS3, HTML5 and
- 2+ years' experience responsive Web Development.
contemporary React and Redux approaches and tools. These include:
Hooks, Function Components, and React Router.
ES6 language additions such as: array, map, and set methods; module
architecture; arrow functions; object and array destructuring;
function parameter methods; and Promises.
- Basic experience with typing libraries (preferably
- Solid experience with command line git and of Github.
- Familiarity with running WebPack.
- Basic experience using code linters and typing libraries.
- Experience with various HTML5 web APIs, especially: Drag and
Drop, Canvas, SVG, File API, Indexed DB, Web Storage, Typed Arrays,
and Web Workers.
- Familiarity with npm packages and npm command line
- Basic experience integrating with APIs over REST services.
- Familiarity with web accessibility practices.
- Basic experience working as part of an enterprise web team,
interfacing with back-end developers, designers, web engineers, and
external agencies or partners. Personal Attributes
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new
concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical
thinking, organization skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Willingness to teach Junior team members.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment,
and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with
ambiguous or changing requirements.
- Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity.
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...