DB2 Developer - Remote
Posted on: March 19, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY We are seeking a mid-level DB2 Developer
to join our team supporting an Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
client. Location of work is remote in US.
- Create, update, test, and maintain DB2 databases with Java
- Conduct trial runs of programs and software applications to be
sure they will produce the desired information and that the
instructions are correct.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software
packages to handle specific jobs such as storing or retrieving data
- Provide DB2 database analysis, design and development support,
maintain source code.
- Modify and/or upgrade code, testing and debugging, as
- Create DB2 databases, write Java calls to interface with DB2
databases, and tune the DB2 database for operational
- Translate and interpret functional requirements and assist in
the development of technical documentation. PROJECT SPECIFIC
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university
required; an additional four (4) years of related work experience
can substitute for a degree
- At least three (3) years of relevant experience required
- Experience with IBM Database 2 (DB2)/Structured Query Language
- Experience developing logical and functional data models
- Experience writing PL/SQL stored procedures
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated success in client support
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal supervision and
- Excellent time management, scheduling and organizational
- Ability to work well independently or in a team setting
- Preferred qualifications and experience include: Experience
with Java programming language interfacing with DB2 databases in a
Z/OS environment; experience with TSO, File Manager, ISPF, JCL,
Endevor, and IBM utilities including De-Bug; experience with IRS
Systems Additional requirements as per Contract/Client: -Candidates
must meet requirements to obtain and maintain an IRS Minimum
Background Investigation (MBI) clearance (active IRS Moderate Risk
MBI clearance is a plus).
- Candidates must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident
(Green Card status) for at least three (3) years, and Federal Tax
compliant Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the writing of code, testing, and analyzing of
software programs and applications.
- Research, design, document and modify software specifications
throughout the production life cycle.
- Work directly, efficiently, and professionally with other
developers and team members including external clients, senior
developers, testers, and business analysts.
- Write specifications for programs.
- Resolve routine production support problems.
- Prepare test data, run tests and evaluate results.
- Develop test plans to verify logic of new or modified
- Create documentation in work assignments such as program
- Conduct quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years
of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or
equivalent work experience.
- Computer Professional Job Profile MAXIMUS INTRODUCTION Since
1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping
Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to
successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across
a variety of health and human services programs. Maximus delivers
innovative business process management and technology solutions
that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels
of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of
government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees
worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the
United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the
United Kingdom. For more information, visit
https://www.maximus.com. EEO STATEMENT EEO Statement: Active
military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates
often embody the core competencies Maximus deems essential, and
bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our
workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and
want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue
making a difference for our country. We're proud of our connections
to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families.
If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior
service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or
Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have
challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A
committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
Maximus is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maximus provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status or disabled status. PAY TRANSPARENCY Maximus compensation is
based on various factors including but not limited to a candidates
education, training, experience, expected quality and quantity of
work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value
analysis including seniority and merit systems, as well as internal
pay alignment. Annual salary is just one component of Maximuss
total compensation package. Other rewards may include short- and
long-term incentives as well as program-specific awards.
Additionally, Maximus provides a variety of benefits to employees,
including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance,
a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off.
Compensation shall be commensurate with job duties and relevant
work experience. An applicants salary history will not be used in
Keywords: MAXIMUS, Cleveland , DB2 Developer - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...