Computer Aided Design Designer
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers
and marketers serving the light vehicle, commercial truck,
off-highway, industrial and aftermarket industries. Our colleagues
throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving
advancements that help our customers get the most from every
vehicle, every ride, every race, and every journey. With our
product portfolio, dedication to quality, global reach,
entrepreneurial setting and competitive strength, we're at a great
place to build a lasting career.
We are looking for a Designer. The Designer creates or modify
designs, models and detail drawings/bill of materials as required
for assigned projects. Provide technical support for product
development and engineering.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are
the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent
Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Responsible for the preparation of designs, models and detail
drawings, demonstrating leadership and providing technical guidance
for the projects assuring that they are in conformance with
divisional standards and customer requirements.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the CAD and computer systems,
developing and establishing programs design guidelines and
standards. Assist in the training and development of other
- Provide assistance and technical support in the development,
implementation, and interpretation of standards and procedures for
continuous improvement in product designs, Manufacturing, and
- Assist in the administrative duties of the department,
regarding record retention of CAD data, as well as technical
information, and customer collaborations.
EDUCATION: Associate Degree in Engineering Technology or related
field required with 3 years CAD experience. (A Bachelor of Science
in Mechanical Engineering candidate with less experience will also
meet the qualifications.)
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred Unigraphics (NX) experience. Other experience will be
considered, with a willingness to learn the Unigraphics (NX)
- Working knowledge of drafting skills, CAD and PC
- Demonstrate skills in English / metric conversions, have
mathematical competency in algebra/geometry/trigonometry and
knowledge and experience with GD&T.
- Ability to interact with Designers, Engineers, and Marketing
with good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability for occasional travel to plants/suppliers and to work
overtime if required to support projects.
- Be a highly motivated individual with ability to work in a team
Keywords: Tenneco, Cleveland , Computer Aided Design Designer, IT / Software / Systems , Milan, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!