Mainframe Application Support
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Title - Mainframe Application SupportLocation - Westlake, Ohio
(Remote until COVID)Job Type - Full Time Permanent Position
The desired profile must have
- Sound knowledge of writing, debugging and provide root cause
analysis for complex COBOL, JCL, CICS, IDMS (DB & online dialogs),
VSAM code/programs. Also proficient in testing and migration the
code to production.
- Expertise in production application support, program, and
production job failure and resolution.
- Expertise around COBOL/JCL and its interaction with IDMS
database and online dialogs.
- Proficient in COBOL/EASYTRIVE/CICS code writing and debugging,
testing and production migration
- Quick utility writing USING Easytrieve/CULPRIT to
extract/update the IDMS database records
- Experience in functional and high/low level design
- Perform code review and experience in mainframe tools like
ENDEVOR, FileAid and JOBTRAC, SORT.
- Sound knowledge of overall understanding of how business
application support processes
- Advanced working knowledge in COBOL, JCL, IDMS, FTP, CICS, VSAM
and working experience with IDMS and relational databases.Roles &
- Provide timely solutions for any production application,
program failure or job aborts.
- Responsible for analyzing existing COBOL, JCL, IDMS, FTP,CICS,
VSAM,UNIX code and debug and do code fixes and performance
improvements, write new code, develop utilities and tools for
database update and extract.
- Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning
functions and recommend incorporating the changes in exiting
program as well as database
- Works closely with development team and IDMS DBAs and
troubleshoot applications program failure and performance
- Research, asses, recommend, and apply best practices to current
application systems for continuous improvement
Keywords: Centraprise, Cleveland , Mainframe Application Support, IT / Software / Systems , Westlake, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!