Hybrid-Remote Software Engineer
Company: NextGen Federal Systems
Posted on: August 7, 2022
NextGen Federal Systems is currently seeking multiple Software
Engineers (Senior - Principal - Chief) with experience supporting
Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) C4ISR programs
delivering capabilities to the warfighter. Selected candidates will
support the design, development, integration, and maintenance of
cloud native data services for the National Geospatial-Intelligence
Agency (NGA) in Springfield, VA.
The work location will be a combination of remote and part-time
on-site support at NGA Campus East (NCE). NextGen software
engineers will be developing and modernizing NGA's OpenDataStore
(ODS) system using industry best practices, standards and agile
development processes; utilizing open source software solutions,
cutting-edge technologies, with DevOps tools and techniques with
development on unclassified networks and then promoted to other
Location: St. Louis, MO
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology, or closely
- Experience using Linux operating system
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Must be able to obtain TS/SCI security clearance (active TS/SCI
- Object-Oriented (OO) Programming skills with modern development
- Cloud, DevOps, Open Source technologies (AWS, VMware Tanzu
Application Service (TAS), Cloud Foundry, Docker, NiFi, Zookeeper,
- Databases (Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Solr)
- Agile Development processes and tools (Scrum, JIRA)
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) (Jenkins,
GitLab CI, GitLab Runners)
- Test-Driven Development Methodologies (JUnit)
- Distributed computing platforms (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS),
micro-services, container technologies
- Web and SOA technologies, RESTful web services, geospatial
databases and/or geospatial (GIS) technologies
About NextGen: NextGen Federal Systems is an innovative technology
and professional services provider specializing in advanced
software solutions and comprehensive mission and business support
services. We work in close collaboration with our Customers to
truly understand their business and mission goals. Our approach is
to design, build, implement, and manage solutions that measurably
improve our client's organizational performance. We have
established and foster a corporate culture where we:
- Treat employees with fairness and respect regardless of their
position, sexual identity, race, or tenure.
- Communicate the importance of our mission and our employees'
contributions to it, ensuring they understand how their job role
contributes to the greater good.
- Openly promote and communicate our ideas for change and
- Strive to achieve results as an organization.
- Hold employees accountable to their commitments and provide
incentives that encourage positive and productive behaviors.
- Value the talents and contributions of our employees as the key
factor for our success.
- Create an environment where people can engage at all
- Encourage people to take risks and allow them to make
Keywords: NextGen Federal Systems, Cleveland , Hybrid-Remote Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!