Associate Software Engineer - Remote
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionFounded in 1994, Mindex specializes in software
development for large enterprise clients in the Rochester, NY area
and for New York State K-12 schools. We are a rapidly growing
organization expanding heavily into cloud app. development and
modernizing our home-grown K-12 Student Management System,
As a member of an agile delivery team you will perform analysis,
design, programming, testing and implementation of new and existing
software applications, features, and functionality in accordance
with business requirements in Java and/or .NET environments. This
role has a primary focus on building and testing database backed
web services in a Java/Oracle environment. The ideal candidate is
comfortable working in several programming languages and several
test automation frameworks, enjoys solving problems, is accountable
for their own work output, and works well within team
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a software engineer or test automation engineer
according to current team needs.
- Creates or updates enterprise software in alignment with agile
user stories and associated acceptance criteria.
- Creates or modifies unit tests and integration tests in a unit
testing framework such as jUnit.
- Creates or modifies test automation scripts in alignment with
agile user stories and associated acceptance criteria.
- Creates or modifies manual system and regression test scripts
in alignment with agile user stories and associated acceptance
- Executes automated or manual tests and interprets and records
- Documents detailed design in Confluence or Jira in alignment
with user stories.
- Documents defects in JIRA and provides feedback to support
- Partners with product owner, analysts, SMEs, testers, and
developers to provide input and feedback on plans, designs,
specifications, source code and test scripts to gain thorough
understanding of the applications and infrastructure.
- Communicates status of deliverables to scrum team members.
- Provides input to documentation and training materials for
accuracy and completeness.
- Gives demonstrations to peers, management, and others in how
new and/or current software functionality performs
- Two+ years automated test experience.
- Two+ years software development experience in Java.
- Experience with enterprise development in an object oriented
- Experience with an RDBMS such as Oracle or SQL Server.
- Experience with SOAP and REST web services.
- Familiarity with JSON and XML.
- Self-starter with ability to deliver working software and test
- Understanding of agile development and testing
- Ability to distil agile user stories into working software and
- Experience with defect tracking software.
- Experience with test automation frameworks.
- ASP.NET, C#
- Jira and Confluence--- Postman
- SOAP UI
Keywords: Mindex, Cleveland , Associate Software Engineer - Remote, IT / Software / Systems , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!