Senior Developer (Customer Identity)
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Description Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we
believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever
you come from in the world, there's a place for you at
Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore
your curiosity and drive us forward. We'll give you the space to
share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do.
You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive
and Let Your Colors Show! Sherwin-Williams values the unique
talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All
qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including
individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans. The
Sherwin-Williams E-Business Development team is growing rapidly,
and we are looking for a Senior Developer focused on our new
Customer Identity platform. This is a fantastic opportunity to work
on a high impact program that drives an engaging digital experience
for our customers around the globe. An effective Senior Customer
Identity Developer will possess a rich skill set that includes
in-depth technical knowledge, an understanding of identity and
access management, IT governance, as well as IT general controls
and privacy regulations. Must have the ability to maintain a team
focus while contributing independently. Essential Functions
Strategy and Planning
- Ability to work with recent technologies while showing drive,
versatility, adaptability, and creative thinking.
- Acquire and interpret business requirements, create a
functional specification, and determine the most
- Research and implement new development techniques.
- Demonstrate advanced understanding of business processes,
internal control risk management, IT controls and related
- Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks,
internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities
for internal control improvement.
- Assist to install, configure, integrate, and deploy Identity
products and upgrades.
- Ability to communicate with internal clients and management
aspects of technical and functional issues at all levels
appropriate for the situation.
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with the
intention to exceed expectations. Acquisition & Deployment
- Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced
aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best
- Design application and database components for development
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications,
and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions
utilizing multiple technologies.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have
a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges
to the business. Operational Management
- Maintain and modify applications; make approved changes by
amending application documentation, developing detailed programming
logic, and coding changes.
- Provide support for critical web application problems and
- Manage and prioritize workload between project and maintenance
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and
investigation of critical production problems as required.
- Help foster development of teams cross-functional and
- Consumer Identity & Access Management including Role-Based
access control, access request and certification experience.
- Project and task management and reporting, as necessary.
- Conduct research into innovative technologies, including tools,
components, and frameworks.
- Train and knowledge share with development teams.
- Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as
- Provide off hour support for critical application problems and
- Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct
deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to
efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative
action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal
employment opportunity policy.
- Minimal travel, up to 5%, may be required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be
required. Position Requirements Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or
equivalent experience. Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years IT experience
- 5+ years of experience working on all phases of the Software
- 5+ years development experience with an object-oriented
- 2+ years working in the Identity and Access Management
- Experience working with customers to build and formulate
- Experience testing, debugging, and diagnosing software bugs and
- Experience with version control systems such as git, mercurial,
- Experience with command line tools. Preferred Experience
- Experience with SAP Customer Data Cloud (Gigya) a plus
- Experience with consumer identity platforms such as Okta,
OAuth, Akamai Identity Cloud, Salesforce Identity, Sailpoint, or
- Experience developing front-end technologies such as CSS and/or
- Experience implementing authentication solutions for both
cloud-based and on-premise applications.
- Experience with identity management and federation technologies
such as SAML, OAUTH, OpenID Connect, or similar.
- An understanding of IT Risk and IT Control concepts such as
Least Privilege, Segregation of Duties, and Privilege Access
- Experience with Identity and Access Management concepts such as
authentication, authorization, application security, privacy and
consent management, regulatory compliance, multi-factor
authentication, federation, and risk management.
- Understanding of Consumer Privacy Compliance: Service Provider
Agreements and regulations such as GDPR and CCPA Personal
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new
concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Strong systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical
thinking, organization skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Ability to quickly pick-up new tools and technologies.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment,
and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with
ambiguous or changing requirements. Sherwin-Williams is proud to be
an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not
be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information,
creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law
or by contract. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams
requests state and local employment services delivery systems to
provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Keywords: Sherwin-Williams, Cleveland , Senior Developer (Customer Identity), IT / Software / Systems , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!