Senior IT Developer
Company: Hitachi Vantara Corporation
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Location: Berea, Kentucky, United States
Job ID: R0001526
Date Posted: Feb 15, 2021
Segment: Smart Life
Business Unit: Hitachi Automotive
Company Name: Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Profession (Job Category): IT, Telecom & Internet
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
- Confers with personnel of organizational units involved to
analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and
learn specific input and output requirements, such as forms of data
input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
- Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions,
and steps required to develop or modify computer program.
- Reviews computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling
limitations to determine if requested program or program change is
possible within existing system.
- Studies existing information processing systems to evaluate
effectiveness, and develops new systems to improve production or
workflow as required.
- Prepares workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail
operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and
operations to be performed by personnel in system.
- Conducts studies pertaining to development of new information
systems to meet current and projected needs.
- Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and
instructional manuals as documentation of program development.
- Upgrades Software and corrects errors to maintain system after
- May assist computer programmer in resolution of work problems
related to flowcharts, project specifications, or programming.
- May prepare time and cost estimates for completing
- May direct and coordinate work of others to develop, test,
install, and modify programs.
- May design new systems, including both hardware and software,
or add new software applications to harness more of computer's
- Implement design changes i-Series, SQL, QRY, DB2, CLP, RPGIV,
RPG Free, Visual Basic, .Net PLC Language and Windows tools..
- Write unit, integration, functional tests per team
- Works with multiple vendors in obtaining pricing for IT related
products and services.
- Adhere to all safety policies and guidelines.-- Qualifications:
Knowledge skills and abilities:
- Experience with Development Environments including i-Series,
SQL, QRY, DB2, CLP, RPGIV, RPG Free, Visual Basic, .Net PLC
Language and Windows tools.
- Understanding of Relational Database Systems (MS SQL, DB2/400),
data mining, dashboards and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills including oral and written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Automotive Systems and/or supply chain experience is a
- Experience working in multinational corporations or a diverse
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and overtime when required
to support IT Operations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. Education: Bachelor's Degree in IT or related area
strongly desired.. Experience: Minimum 5 years of Professional
Information Technology experience in development environment,
preferably in an Office or Manufacturing environment. Job level
determined by various factors such as organization size,
responsibility, career stage, and capabilities. Supervisory
Responsibilities: N/A Working conditions: Physical Demands:
Required to sit or stand for long periods of time. The employee may
occasionally lift and/or move 30-50lbs without assistance. Have
ability to work 40 - 60 hours per week. Travel: Domestic and
international may be required as needed. Equal Opportunity Employer
(EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a
job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact
information to email@example.com . Queries other than
accommodation requests will not be responded to.
Keywords: Hitachi Vantara Corporation, Cleveland , Senior IT Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Berea, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!