Human Resources Manager
Company: Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission
Posted on: November 19, 2023
The Ohio Turnpike & Infrastructure Commission is seeking an
experienced HR Professional for the position of Human Resources
Manager at the Administration Building in Berea, OH. Please
consider bringing your experience, talents, and goals to one of
Northern Ohio's vital resources and join the future of
If you are interested, here's some of what we can offer you:
- Salary range: $77,945.66-$103,192.96
- Excellent Public Pension
- Excellent Health Care Benefits
- Generous Paid Leave and Compensatory Time
- Educational AssistanceApplications will be received until the
position is filled The Ohio Turnpike & Infrastructure Commission
provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
Examples of Duties
Main Job Duties:
- Oversees and/or assists with all Commission employment and
labor relations activities.
- Advises and assists departments in areas of recruiting,
testing, job analysis, selection, classification, employment
procedures, and performance management to ensure compliance with
federal and state laws, and Commission policies and
- Oversees recruiting and staffing functions, and new hire
orientation processes, conducts interviews and recommends
candidates for hire.
- Posts internal job vacancies in accordance with the collective
bargaining agreement and prepares award letters and paperwork
relative to same.
- Receives and approves or denies requests for Accommodations and
communicates appropriately with field supervision.
- Assists with planning, organizing and coordinating all
activities related to classification and compensation for all
- Researches and responds to Unemployment Compensation requests
for information and represents Commission in Unemployment
- Assists with and/or conducts harassment allegation
- Conducts pre-disciplinary hearings of bargaining unit employees
for proposed suspensions and/or termination proceedings.
- Assists with Federal and State legislation compliance
pertaining to all personnel issues including staffing,
compensation, and employee relations issues.
- Coordinates union grievance meetings and organizes information
- Acts as alternate liaison with union and its staff
- Prepares materials and analysis for labor negotiations and
assists in negotiation process.
- Serves as Acting Director of Administration in the absence of
the Director of Administration.
- Performs any other duties as may be required or assigned by the
Director of Administration. Major Work Characteristics:
- Knowledge of human resource management practices and
- Effective communication skills.
- Advanced employment and labor relations knowledge.
- Federal and state laws and rules governing labor and
- Interviewing; and job analysis principles and practices.
- Skill in the use of a personal computer and MS Office.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Gather collate and classify information about data, people or
- Direct work activities of assigned personnel.
- Effectively accomplish several work assignments
- Handle sensitive inquiries from and contacts with officials and
- Maintain a high degree of trust and confidentiality.
- Prepare meaningful, concise and accurate reports.
- Ability to work independently and make concise knowledgeable
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Human Resource
- Minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years' experience in human
resources, which includes a concentration in employment and labor
relations and at least two (2) years in a supervisory
- Proficiency in HRIS systems and Microsoft Operating Systems and
Office 365 is required.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Certified Professional
(SHRM-CP) certification preferred.
Keywords: Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission, Cleveland , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Berea, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!