Hourly Team Member - Deli
Company: Giant Eagle
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Job SummaryAs a member of the Deli team, your primary
responsibility will be servicing the customers by filling their
orders and ensuring they have the freshest products available.
After being fully you trained, you will help other Team Members
around the store specifically in, Prepared Foods and Meat
Departments. You will also maintain display cases to ensure
customer needs are met and build customer loyalty by providing
unparalleled customer service. To thrive in this position, you
should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when
those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support
an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership
and have the ability to inspire those around you. Job
- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months
- Experience Desired: Food Safety experience
- Education Desired:No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Accurately record and assist in preparation of deli special
orders to ensure guests are delighted with the finished
- Weigh and label products for guests.
- Set up the deli case according to company standards.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure guests'
- Maintain product level in sales cases.
- Utilize appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock
- Check in deliveries and compare invoice to merchandise.
- Assist in maintaining deli cooler efficiency by unloading
- Cross train in Meat, Prepared Foods and Seafood.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food
safety and safety guidelines.
- Provide exemplary customer service and greet guests in a
- Fill orders.
- Maintain safety as the top priority.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which
embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members,
customers, vendors and the community. About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc.,
were more than just food, fuel and convenience. Were one giant
family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the
heart and soul of our company. Its why we strive to create a
nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to
grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of
the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland,
Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGos,
our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are
working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on
their faces. Were always searching for the best Team Members to
welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle
family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Keywords: Giant Eagle, Cleveland , Hourly Team Member - Deli, Hospitality & Tourism , Hartville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!