Company: Cleveland Job Corps Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position Cook Reports To Food -Services Supervisor Department
Food Services FLSA STATUS Non-Exempt - Full Time Primary Position
Objectives Assists in the preparation and service of meals.
Responsible for kitchen and dining area sanitation. Brief
Description of Duties
- Prepares well-balanced, nutritious meals, which enable them to
remain healthy throughout their participation in the program.
- In collaboration with the food service manager, prepares three
meals per day, except on holidays and weekends, when two meals are
acceptable. In lieu of the third meal, healthy snacks shall be
available to students on weekends and holidays.
- Meals shall be planned and prepared using a minimum of a 28-day
cycle cafeteria menu.
- Ensures meal service is provided for work-based learning,
off-center activities, late arrivals, etc.
- Ensures food options and nutritional guidelines outlined in
company policy and the PRH shall be provided.
- Ensures all meals and food items meet the dietary needs and
desires of a diverse population, including ethnic, vegetarian, and
- Assists in developing and implementing procedures for ordering,
purchasing, receiving, storing, inventorying, and issuing food
products that ensure the prevention of fraud and abuse, protection
of food and food preparation equipment and areas from contaminants,
insects, and rodents, and the safe and sanitary handling and
storage of food.
- Assists in implementing procedures to obtain student input into
the planning and evaluation of the content and quality of the meals
and service provided in order to ensure students have input into
meal planning and are satisfied with the center food service.
- Ensures the safety, health, and security of students, staff,
- Provides quality customer service to the students that we serve
at all times.
- When assigned, completes the cafeteria lock-up checklist on a
daily basis and is accountable for security in this area.
- Follows CDSS plan and Code of Conduct system daily.
- Works towards meeting performance standard goals.
- Maintains good housekeeping to include sanitation in all areas
and complies with safety practices.
- Adheres to required property control policies and
- Complies with all DOL guidelines, OFCCP regulation, Quality
Assurance Plan (QAP), Serrato policies and procedures, Job Corps
notices and bulletins, and Center policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates and abides by Serrato Corporation's core values
and operating principles.
- Models, mentors, and monitors appropriate career success
- Helps students become more employable through continuous
- Participation in PRH mandated staff training is mandatory.
Failure to participate may result in disciplinary action up to and
including termination. -
- Performs other duties as assigned. Key Competencies Performance
Standards/Results Effective Communication
- Presents information both clearly and concisely and regularly
confirms correct interpretation of information.
- Very high standard of communication skills both written and
verbal for the presentation of facts and ideas.
- Shows professional non-verbal body language and actively
listens to others. - Organization of Work
- Action oriented. Demonstrates the ability to handle several
projects simultaneously with decision making, flexibility, and
- Implements the key principles of time management, task
allocation and priority assignment in addition to personal
- Shows attention to detail and ability to complete work with the
highest level of accuracy and efficiency.
- Continually seek ways to improve employment service provided
via development of professional skills and personal growth.
- Demonstrates professional interpersonal skills when interacting
with others. Abides by Serrato Corporation's Healthy Workplace
- Acts as team player and builds professional relationships with
coworkers to achieve goals. Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Knowledge of basic food preparation and proper food handling
- Knowledge of general kitchen equipment and appliances.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment. -
- Ability to work under direction of senior personnel and follow
- High level of communication, interpersonal, and organizational
skills. Experience One to three months food service/preparation or
related experience. - Education High school diploma or equivalent
required. - Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- NRA Food Service Sanitation or equivalent/Serve Safe. -
- Valid State Driver's License. Physical Demands The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; to reach
with hands and arms; and talk and listen. The employee must be able
to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
capabilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, and peripheral vision. Physical stamina required for a full
shift of working in an industrial kitchen. - Work Environment The
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. - While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise
level can vary from moderate to loud. Benefits Offered
- Paid Short Term / Long Term Disability and basic life
- Health care insurance available (medical, dental, vision,
critical illness, accident, HSA, and FSA)
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K -& 401K -Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement -
- Employee Assistance Counseling Service ProgramDisclaimers
- Serrato Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Serrato Corporation conducts background checks and drug
Keywords: Cleveland Job Corps Center, Cleveland , Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!