Director Of Housekeeping
Company: Westin Cleveland Downtown
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Ensure that the cleanliness standards of the guestrooms, meeting
areas, public areas, and back-of-the-house are met through the
optimal training, staffing, and supervision of labor, efficient
management of operating supplies, and proactive monitoring of guest
service scores and comments.
- Plan, organize, and monitor staff workload to ensure compliance
with cleanliness and maintenance standards, which requires
continuous visual and written inspections of guestrooms and public
- Develop housekeeping and laundry budget.
- Develop and implement controls for expense management.
- Conduct periodic inventory of guest supplies, small equipment and
linen as required.
- Utilize labor management tools to schedule and control labor
- Schedule labor to flex with forecasted hotel occupancy, F and B
activity, and group events.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, recommend performance
evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and
recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear
direction to staff.
- Interact positively with customers and take action to resolve
problems to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and
- Evaluate condition of furniture, fixtures, d cor, etc. Make
recommendations and assist in the coordination of preventative
maintenance program and rehab projects.
- Ensure compliance of housekeeping and laundry standard operating
procedures and policies.
- Operate department pursuant to OSHA requirements and
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
The Westin Cleveland is a stunning 484 room hotel located in the
heart of downtown Cleveland, around the corner from the Rock and
Roll Hall of Fame, Great Lakes Science Center and Cleveland
Convention Center. For sports lovers, the FirstEnergy Stadium and
Rocket Mortgage Field House Arena are less than a mile away. This
beautiful property features refined spaces highlighting dynamic
works from local artists adding a touch of class and sophistication
to our hotel lobby. Here at The Westin Cleveland, we are looking
for individuals who have a passion for outstanding service. We
strive to create an experience where the guests come back because
of the excellence and family feel. We want you to be a part of
Cleveland's history!Don't meet every single requirement of this
job? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less
likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
qualification. At HEI we are dedicated to building a diverse,
inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this
role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every
qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply
anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or for other
roles within our organization!Don't meet every single requirement
of this job? Studies have shown that women and people of color are
less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single
qualification. At HEI we are dedicated to building a diverse and
inclusive workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your
experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the
job description, we encourage you to still send in your
information. You may be the perfect candidate for this or for other
roles within our organization!We value U.S. military experience and
invite all qualified military candidates to apply. Associated
topics: cleaning, condo, house, houseperson, ihg, resort, room
attendant, suite attendant, turndown attendant, turndown
Keywords: Westin Cleveland Downtown, Cleveland , Director Of Housekeeping, Hospitality & Tourism , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!