Kitchen Manager - Cleveland Brewpub
Company: Saucy Brew Works
Posted on: August 7, 2022
SUMMARY: Oversees and coordinates daily activities and
operations of cooks and other employees engaged in preparing and
cooking food products; maintains the quality, presentation,
professional attitude, and sanitation of the kitchen. DUTIES AND
- Trains and develops kitchen staff; trains cooks/kitchen staff
in the importance of consistency in preparation and
- Ensures that level of quality, portion control, and plate
presentation is adhered to consistently.
- Monitors and maintains line portioning and quality.
- Prepares a variety of cuisine utilizing skill and
- Coordinates with staff to ensure guest expectations are met or
- Maintains a clean, organized, and safe kitchen; ensures all
sanitation procedures are being followed; ensures adherence to all
health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Assists executive chef as needed.
- Skillfully utilizes hand tools or machines required, reads
recipes, measures, cuts, and otherwise works on materials with
- Establishes procedures, prepares and coordinates schedules, and
- Assists with hiring, training, motivating, and rewarding
- Ensures all necessary reports and forms are completed
- Possesses and maintains through understanding of industry and
stays abreast of industry trends; communicates/incorporates
information to assure kitchen remains current.
- Orders kitchen materials and ingredients based on the menu and
- Maintains adequate inventory levels and conducts weekly
- Works with Restaurant Managers to create menu items, pricing
and establishing portion sizes of each meal.
- Scheduling shifts by business hours, days, and occasions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Graduate of a culinary school preferred.
- Three to six years related experience or equivalent.
- Current knowledge of regional and national trends in food and
- Thorough knowledge of all food preparation techniques and
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating
- Basic competence in subordinates' duties and tasks
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within
constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels
and from various backgrounds. COMPETENCIES:
- Customer Service-- Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
- Managing People-- Includes staff in planning, decision-making,
facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for
subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides
regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and
encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal
and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes,
products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory
- Planning/Organizing-- Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals
and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their
tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Quality-- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for
ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve
performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Initiative-- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development
activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent
actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of
opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Keywords: Saucy Brew Works, Cleveland , Kitchen Manager - Cleveland Brewpub, Hospitality & Tourism , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!