Bartender - Michael's Genuine Food & Drink - Cleve
Company: Michael's Genuine
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description$800 signing bonus, $50 gift certificate for
interviewing, health insurance, life insurance and 401kGeneral
Description of WorkWith delegated authority, reporting to the
General Manager, Restaurant Manager, Beverage Manager and Lead
Bartender, the Bartender is responsible for...Essential
- Take beverage orders from guests and servers.
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent
with the Restaurant's standard drink recipes.
- Learns the names and personally recognize our regulars.
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt
into the register system.
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make
change (if applicable).
- Wash and sterilize glassware.
- Prepare garnishes for drinks and replenish snacks, appetizers
for bar patrons.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional
manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of
- Clear and reset tables in bar area.
- Present drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including
counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar.
- Report all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Understands shift ends once approved by MOD.
- Ensures that company policy in regards to drinking age is
followed and that the service of alcoholic beverages to obviously
intoxicated guests is stopped and referred to the Manager on duty
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and
efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant
manager or immediate supervisor
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to
others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains
open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification;
Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits
work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs;
Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports
organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through
outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals
and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their
tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a bartender.
- Have working knowledge of beer, wine and liquor and common
- Be 21 years of age.
- Possess math skills and have the ability to handle money and
operate a point-of-sale system.
- Be able to learn our menu, including food, beverage and wine;
maintain a working knowledge of all changes provided by management,
Chef de Cuisine, Beverage Director.Language Skills:
- Ability to read, speak and interpret documents in clear
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and
dining room personnel and guests.Physical Ability
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 10 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
- Maintain a clean uniform throughout shift.Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete
variables in standardized situations.
Keywords: Michael's Genuine, Cleveland , Bartender - Michael's Genuine Food & Drink - Cleve, Hospitality & Tourism , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!