Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator
Company: NMG Aerospace
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Under the direction of the EHS Manager, the EHS Coordinator will
be responsible for day-to-day oversight of environmental, health,
and safety related aspects that pertain to routine site operations
(i.e. manufacturing, assembly, R&D, etc.). This role is
primarily tactical in nature with a significant portion of
responsibilities pertaining to environmental permitting, reporting,
sampling, and site auditing. Additional
responsibilities/deliverables specific to this role are defined
within an overarching, annually recurring, NMG Corporate EHS action
plan. Essential Job Duties:
- Complete environmental permitting, reporting, sampling, and
site auditing across the footprint of the campus, to include air,
water, waste, other applicable as defined within site specific
environmental compliance calendars (i.e. fee emission reports,
quarterly deviation reports, Tier 2 reports, TRI reports, SPCC
inspections, RCRA inspections, etc.).
- Ensure timely and accurate regulatory submissions at all
- Work with third party waste vendor to complete recurring waste
runs for final disposition of various waste streams across the
footprint of the campus (i.e. non-hazardous, hazardous, universal,
UST vacuum services, etc.).
- Work with area managers and supervisors on completion of
initial incident reporting and subsequent Root Cause Analysis
- Appropriately file all EHS related documentation per
established file structure within local drives and/or SharePoint
- Interact with the site workforce at all levels to demonstrate
safety leadership, educate/coach personnel, enforce safe work
practices, and identify potential risks, hazards, and
recommendations for EHS improvements. .
- Partner with company leadership to develop and implement
specific EHS solutions as necessary while still ensuring EHS
ownership and accountability within the departments.
- Follow up on reported hazards, determining necessary corrective
actions, and supporting site stake holders in completing necessary
- Evaluate job tasks, machinery, and equipment for possible
safety/engineering improvements and work with appropriate team
members to implement changes via cross-functional approach (i.e.
ergonomics, machine safeguards, JSA's, PPE hazard assessments, risk
- Deliver recurring instructor led EHS training as defined within
the current, standardized BMS training matrix.
- Schedule third party training as needed per evolution and
enhancement of current NMG EHS training modules.
- Facilitate third party fire protection activities including but
not limited to routine inspection, testing, repair, new
- Facilitate NMG PPE acquisition and reimbursement programs for
the employee population per established process (i.e. Prescription
safety eyewear, safety shoes, etc.).
- Execute other EHS activities as needed per above stated bullet
- --Minimum 3 years' experience in a manufacturing environment
with sound knowledge of environmental regulations and "hands on"
experience with environmental permitting, reporting, and
- Must have working knowledge of environmental aspects and
impacts, environmental regulations, and environmental reporting via
Ohio EPA's eBusiness Center (i.e. air, water, waste, etc.).
- Base knowledge of OSHA General Industry Standards (29 CFR 1910)
and OSHA Recordkeeping standard (29 CFR 1904)
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, commitment to
ethical/moral responsibilities as a safety professional, commitment
to compliance as well as risk reduction; must be able to
proactively address issues in a positive manner while enforcing EHS
- Strong communication skills through multiple modes of
communication (i.e. remote meetings, instructor led training
sessions/safety stand-downs, EHS committee meetings, e-mail
communications, technical writing, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving skills, decision-making capabilities,
and the ability to develop multiple solutions--for an issue and
effectively communicate valid recommendations for resolution.
- Ability to understand and execute complex EHS tasks including
PPE hazard assessments, topic specific risk assessments, incident
investigations via recognized investigation methodology, routine
EHS audits/inspections with identification of methods to resolve
each given finding and track completion to closure, etc.
- Competent with the Microsoft Office suite of programs (i.e.
Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- This position may require presence during the off shift at
times in order to address business needs.
- Preferred: OSHA Trainer Certification(s); GSP, OHST, SMS,
- Expected Travel time of 10% Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental, Health, and Safety;
Environmental Engineering; Health and Safety; Safety Sciences, or
other similarly accredited program In--addition to competitive
wages, NMG is proud to offer a retirement saving plan with company
matching opportunity, excellent health and wellness benefits
including a $350 annual wellness allowance for assistance with
personal health and fitness goals, can earn up to 4 weeks paid-time
off, on the job training, education assistance and a variety of
other supportive programs to meet our teams member's needs.
Keywords: NMG Aerospace, Cleveland , Environmental, Health & Safety Coordinator, Healthcare , Stow, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...