MDS Coordinator RN
Company: Sprenger Health Care Systems
Posted on: January 26, 2023
About Sprenger Health Care Systems
Since 1959 Sprenger Health Care Systems continues to be family
owned and operated. Sprenger offers the full continuum of aging
services including: Short Term Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing,
Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Hospice, and Home
Our innovative care, excellent customer service, and compassionate
dedicated employees have made Sprenger Health Care Systems a leader
in providing exceptional health care. Sprenger Communities have a
history of excellent Resident and Family Satisfaction Surveys, 5
Star Ratings, Deficiency Free Surveys, and US News and World Report
Sprenger Health Care Systems is committed to maintaining a fair and
unbiased work environment and we welcome all qualified candidates
to apply to any of our 15 Communities throughout Ohio and Indiana.
We understand that quality of care starts right here with our
employees. For those team members who rise to the challenge and
exceed the standard of care, the career possibilities can be
endless. Join us today to experience the Sprenger difference!
Full-time MDS Nurse
Seeking a dedicated team player to add to our nursing team!
As an MDS Coordinator for a Grace Management Services facility you
must be able to perform the following essential functions as
demonstrated by the ability to:
Registered Nurse, computer knowledge required, knowledge of MDS
preferred, must have good organizational and follow through skills,
must have good communication skills, ability to be flexible with
work hours as needed, experience in long term care preferred
Essential Job Functions:
* Coordinate the RAI process for all assigned residents according
to state and federal regulation. (See RAI User's Manual).
* Schedule all OBRA required and PPS assessments according to state
and federal regulation. (See RAI User's Manual) Complete data entry
of information from resident's assessments into the Electronic
* Assure accurate completion of all assessments.
* Complete and track all admissions, discharges and re-entries to
the facility. Schedule Plan of Care Meeting for all residents.
* Be prepared for and participate in Plan of Care Meeting for
assigned residents. Communicate Plan of Care Schedule to all
interdisciplinary team members.
* Communicate any changes to the Plan of Care Schedule to the
* Assure communication of Plan of Care Meeting date and time to
resident and/or responsible party. Oversee the interdisciplinary
team in regard to MDS, RAP and care plan activities for assigned
residents. Participate in and review completed MDS and triggered
* Participate in and review completed RAP documentation and make
recommendations for further assessment, follow up and interventions
* Participate in and review the initial and primary plan of care to
assure an accurate and comprehensive plan is in place
* Formulate the plan of care based on RAP triggers, resident needs
strengths, risks and/or potential risks, and additional needs as
identified in the resident record according to RAI guidelines and
interdisciplinary team recommendations.
* Assure that the plan of care is:
* Reflective of appropriate goals and interventions to meet the
resident's needs Accurate and available for direct care staff
* Understandable for direct care staff
* Current and up to date with resident care needs identified
* Communicate RAI compliance problems of interdisciplinary team
member to the DON and/or Administrator * Delegate MDS/RAI
activities to staff members that are appropriate to the level of
* Assure appropriate communication regarding the resident's plan of
care with staff, physician, resident and families Listen to
resident, family or physician concerns and report to the
* Identify special nursing problems and emergency situations and
initiate an immediate plan of action according to nursing home
policies and procedures.
* Establish open lines of communication between all nursing
personnel and the inter-disciplinary team and consistently take
follow up action as necessary.
* Consistently work cooperatively with administration, all nursing
service personnel, physicians, community agencies, residents,
families and consultants.
* Communicate daily with therapy department for screens/referrals
and current therapy caseload. Make regular resident rounds and
report to the D.O.N. and administrator as directed
* Recognize and respond appropriately and timely to resident change
in status and initiate appropriate assessment, follow up and
evaluation of care
* Assure weekly electronic submission of all completed MDS's and
tracking assessments to the Ohio / Indiana Department of Health as
* Retrieve and maintain validation reports with each submission;
review and follow up with errors as identified. Obtain quarterly
case mix reports, validate and follow up timely.
* Ensure timely corrections of assessments with errors.
* Maintain current 672 Census and Condition and 802 Resident Roster
reports for state survey and internal use. Maintain copies of
informational updates on the state's web site.
Report software problems to Director of Medical Records as
* Obtain and review Quality Indicator/ Quality Measure reports
monthly and communicate /forward reports to DON and administrative
* Assure that regulations are met in regard to the RAI process
making appropriate changes at the facility level as needed.
* Maintain current knowledge of regulations related to the RAI
process and communicate regulatory updates as appropriate
* Keep updated as changes occur through obtaining current RAI
updates from CMS and through continuing education.
* Assure residents admitted under Medicare A services are
appropriate for Medicare skilled care services Assure timely and
accurate completion of Physician Certification for Skilled
* Establish the Assessment Reference Date ( ARD) and completion
dates for PPS/Medicare assessments Obtain input from the
interdisciplinary team for the ARD
* Communicate to team members each assessment's ARD and completion
date Assure accurate and timely completion of PPS assessments
* Assure coordination of OBRA and PPS/Medicare assessments as
outlined in the RAI manual. Assure documentation is reflective of
the resident's daily skilled care need
* Assure collaboration with interdisciplinary team occurs regarding
the plan of care:
* Appropriate goals and interventions identified Progress toward
* Assure discharge planning considerations are in place relative to
the resident's progress and Medicare coverage status through:
* Daily PPS meeting discussion with interdisciplinary staff
regarding resident status Weekly Utilization Review Meeting
* Plan of Care Meeting discussion of resident status with
* Assure communication with the resident, family/responsible party,
and physician regarding discharge plans. Act as a Charge Nurse and
cover the floor/various shifts as needed for the best interest of
* Assure accurate and timely communication with the billing office
in regard to the resident's RUG category, primary diagnosis,
additional diagnoses and changes, and ongoing need for skilled
* Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at
* The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Individuals may be required to:
* Sit or stand for extended periods of time
* Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required to
complete the job responsibilities
* Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and
the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are
* Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds. Raising objects from lower
to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position
to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable degree and
requires the substantial use of the upper extremities and back
* Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull, push,
reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential
functions of the job.
* Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to perform
the essential functions of the job. Must be able to read and write
the English language.
* Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to outdoor
Keywords: Sprenger Health Care Systems, Cleveland , MDS Coordinator RN, Healthcare , Wellington, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!