EMT (Part-Time, Per Diem)
Company: Donald Martens & Sons Ambulance Services
Posted on: August 7, 2022
EMT (part-time) Pay range: starts at $18.00 per hour Click here:
Get to know us...
OVERVIEW:An EMT working for Donald Martens and Sons Ambulance
Service is responsible for responding to emergent and non-emergent
calls. Works closely with Paramedics and/or other EMTs to deliver
excellent patient care and customer service.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing pre-hospital emergency care, such as administering
oxygen, CPR and/or stabilize the condition of a patient, following
established guidelines and protocols.
- Assessing the extent of illness or injury accurately and
inquiring about the patients medical history.
- Performing emergency diagnosis and relevant treatment such as
- Administering non-invasive therapies, including pulmonary
ventilation, application of bandages, immobilization of fractures
and various other tasks.
- Dealing with physical as well as emotional needs of a
- Handling radio communications and coordinating with dispatch
- Transporting the patient to the appropriate medical
- Documentation of the nature of illness and treatment provided
while en route to the facility. This documentation is a legal
document required for accurate communication to staff at facility
as well as for proper billing.
- Ensuring that the emergency care equipment functions properly
and replacing the supplies in the ambulance throughout your
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.MINIMUM
- Completion of an Approved EMT Training Program and a valid Ohio
- Maintain current BLS and State of Ohio
- Must maintain continuing education for proper
- Knowledge of Emergency Medical Service operations, community
disaster response, familiarity with Ohio Health Safety Codes
governing EMS, pre-hospital care policies and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication and the ability to use a
- Valid Ohio drivers license.
- Experience preferred.PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL
CONDITIONSThe following is a description of the physical and mental
abilities, which are customarily required to perform the essential
job functions of this position. Applicants are encouraged to
contact the human resource department for any questions or to
request an accommodation during the testing/selection
process.Physical Characteristics: Must be able to lift, push and
pull 125 lbs. Independent body mobility to stand, walk, bend,
stoop, sit for prolonged time and to drive a vehicle; manual
dexterity to reach, grasp, manipulate small objects and precision
instruments to take pulse and blood pressure; manual dexterity to
hand write or use computer keyboard; vision sufficient to see/read
gauges, thermometers and calibrated measuring instruments, labels
on medications, computer screen and to drive a vehicle; hear and
speak well enough to communicate with the public at normal
conversation level in person and over the phone.Environmental
Conditions: Will be required to work in the field, wear protective
equipment/clothing as required by protocol; may work in settings
where patients who have a communicable diseases may have been; may
be assigned to evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
Keywords: Donald Martens & Sons Ambulance Services, Cleveland , EMT (Part-Time, Per Diem), Healthcare , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!