Medical Assistant - Primary Care
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 26, 2022
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment. Assures
completion of patient histories. Obtains vital signs.
- Administers injections, assists with splints and applies
dressings as directed.
- Performs sterilization of instruments/equipment, if indicated,
according to established policies.
- Performs CLIA Waived tests as instructed and maintains quality
controls on all CLIA tests performed in the office.
- Performs phlebotomy duties as directed.
- Orders and maintains supplies as needed.
- Performs some or all of the following general receptionist
duties when needed:
- Verifies and updates patient information in the practice
- Collects co-pays and open balances, post charges and accurately
enters these in the practice management system. Balance charges and
payments and prepares deposit.
- Answers telephone promptly and courteously; takes messages
accurately and provides information as needed.
- Assembles, updates, and ensures completion of the patient
- Completes referrals and pre certifications as needed.
- Processes requests for medical records made by patients,
insurance companies and others in an appropriate manner.
- Sorts mail, medical records and other correspondence as
- Completes mandatory training and education in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
mandatory education, dress code and display of ID badge.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
- Certification from the America Association of Medical
Assistants preferred. Certification required within 90 days from
date of hire.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective skills with multi-line telephone systems and
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to handle money in a safe manner.
- Prefer one year experience in a medical office setting.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as requiredUnder the direct supervision of the physician,
the Medical Assistant I is responsible for assisting in the
delivery of health care, and performs general receptionist duties
under the supervision of the Office Manager when needed.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Medical Assistant - Primary Care, Healthcare , Uniontown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!