RN Hospice Coordinator - South Hospitals
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Cleveland Clinic Hospice is looking for 2 full time RNs to
coordinate hospice care for our Ohio south area patient population.
This is a 3-12s position, 8a - 8:30p, variable days during the
week. Weekend requirement is every 4th weekend. This position will
rotate between Mercy, Union, Akron and Lodi hospitals.Hospice helps
patients and their families prepare physically, emotionally and
spiritually for the end of life. Our focus is on providing comfort,
not cure; on family, not just the patient; and on quality of life,
not duration. Cleveland Clinic's hospice team includes physicians
certified in hospice and palliative medicine, nurses, social
workers, chaplains, home health aides and volunteers.Learn more
about Hospice and Palliative Care at Cleveland
Clinic:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOQhUcfZ9kkA Day in the Life
of a Hospice
ready to apply, but have questions about RN roles with Cleveland
Clinic? Click Here to schedule a time to speak with a Recruiter on
the Nursing team:
position is eligible for the Student Loan Repayment
- Actively engages and educates potential customers to the
benefits and appropriateness of hospice care.
- Ensures the patient and his/her family has adequate knowledge
and understanding of the hospice benefit.
- Processes inquiries for all new referrals (internal and
- Ensures seamless transition from hospital to the community
setting by coordinating the following hospice services at time of
- Ordering of medications within scope of practice,
- Ordering supplies and DME,
- Hand-off communication with field team, and
- Documentation in the electronic medical record
- Performs assessment of potential patients consistent with
Cleveland Clinic Hospice policies, procedures and admission
criteria in conjunction with the patient's physician.
- Performs admission assessments for new admissions into
contracted facilities and documents information in the EMR within
specified time frame.
- Plans delivery of patient care in collaboration with other
disciplines to provide comfort and symptom management.
- Performs daily assessment and coordinates the plan of care with
/in-patient staff for General Inpatients (GIP). Assesses patient
for safety risks, abuse and neglect.
- Assesses and documents patient's pain using appropriate pain
scale and manages patient's pain.
- Documents changes in patient condition and effectiveness and
timeliness of care/interventions.
- Evaluates, updates, and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of expected outcomes.
- Knows action, usual dosage, indications and side effects of
- Assumes responsibility for coordination of care for managing a
caseload of patients in the inpatient setting.
- Flexibility in setting and revising priorities for one's daily
assignment based on patient needs/acuity, family requests and
- Attend interdisciplinary meetings as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
- English requiredCertifications:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the State of
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the
American Heart Association (AHA).
- Valid Ohio Driver's License upon hire; per policy 8-175
- Proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000
coverage upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.Competencies
(Complexity of Work):
- The ability to build relationships with patients, physicians,
community agencies and institutions while providing excellent
- Knowledgeable regarding JCAHO and Medicare standards and
- Requires working under stressful conditions
- Hours of work will vary dependent on the needs of the referral
sources. Irregular work hours may be required.
- Requires travel to hospitals and community referral
- Minimum one year current clinical experience as a registered
- Minimum one year experience in an acute medical-surgical or
critical care setting.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting packages, manual and finger dexterity and eye hand
coordination. Occasionally lifts and carries items up to 50 pounds.
Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of
time.Keywords: liaison, referral, care coordinator, Fairview,
Luther, AvonActs as a member of the interdisciplinary team for the
assigned functions related to the coordination of services with
internal and external referral sources. Responsible for processing
inpatient referrals into hospice, ensuring continuity of care, and
coordinates discharge planning in contract facilities.
Provides, assessment, planning and direct patient care to hospice
patients in accordance with the agency policies and procedures and
the plan of care established by the interdisciplinary team.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , RN Hospice Coordinator - South Hospitals, Healthcare , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!