RN Wound Ostomy Continence
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 25, 2022
- Provides direct nursing care to patients with select disorders
of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary and integumentary systems in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. Implements and monitors patient care
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Provides patient and family education on common topics
including wound care, dressing applications, compression therapy,
diabetic foot care, venous disease, wound offloading, stoma care,
pouching procedures and underlying disease processes.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- BSN preferred.Certifications:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Must be board-certified in all three content areas by an
examination administered through the WOCNCB or must obtain
certification within 18-24 months of employment. (Certification
exam available on a quarterly basis.)
- The individual must be recertified in all three content areas
every 5 years.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA) certification or must obtain within first year of
employment.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Will train and certifyPhysical Requirements:
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity or condition
exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects.
- Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount,
a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or
standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting
most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg
controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production
rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of
materials even though the weight of those materials is
- Note: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a
production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be
and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of
force exerted is negligible.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.Provides direct nursing care
to patients with select disorders of the gastrointestinal,
genitourinary and integumentary systems in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , RN Wound Ostomy Continence, Healthcare , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!