Therapist - School Services
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Impact Lives. Inspire Change. Be the Solution.Since 1864, we've
been an integral part of the Berea community, proudly rooted in
faith and a legacy of serving children and families. While our
roots remain in Berea, we've grown to support children and families
statewide. OhioGuidestone is always looking for passionate people
to make a difference in our communities. You can impact lives and
inspire change right in your own backyard. Apply today to work at
the largest non-profit, mental health service provider in Ohio. We
offer FREE CEU trainings, a great support system, education bonuses
and incentives, and much more! Full time employees are also offered
PAID medical benefits for you and your family!Are you looking for a
change? Are you looking to make a difference? How about the
opportunity to work for a TOP WORK PLACE? OhioGuidestone is
providing services in Cuyahoga County schools! School Services
Therapists at OhioGuidestone have the unique opportunity to work
with clients both in the school and in the home. The ideal School
Services Therapist will have a genuine passion to work with diverse
child and adolescent clientele and families.As an OhioGuidestone
Therapist, you work independently with assigned clients throughout
your school and in the surrounding communities. Provide individual
and family counseling as well as interventions as needed in order
to assist clients with meeting and maintaining their goals!Job
Summary:The School Services Therapist is responsible for providing
clinical services, developing and maintaining strong collaborative
relationships with clients, families, caregivers, and school
personnel to ensure support and ongoing presence.
- Develops and maintains a therapeutic relationship with client,
family, and caregivers re to provide them support as
- Coordinates and provides service and support to assigned
clients and families or caregivers in the school, home and/or
- Provides school personnel and parents with information on
child's mental health diagnosis, behavior management, household
management, communication and relationship enhancement.
- Consults with school personnel to establish parameters of
school-based mental health services at the beginning of the new and
participate in school meetings as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison to coordinate, makes referrals, or arrange
for appropriate community resources when needed, acts as an
advocate for the client as needed.
- Performs related administrative responsibilities; maintains
client information, reports, records, and other documents; responds
timely to emails and phone calls; attends and conducts various
trainings and meetings; communicates with other agencies,
departments, and vendors regarding required paperwork, contract
compliance and consults with other county agencies and/or
supportive services as necessary.
- Completes diagnostic evaluations and formulates a diagnosis
according to the DSM-5 criteria.
- Provides in-service training to school personnel on various
mental health conditions/diagnosis and effective classroom
intervention/strategies as requested.
- Accurately and promptly, documents and maintains the
confidentiality of client and family interactions including, legal,
financial, and clinical documentation within agency
- Maintains ongoing frequent contact with other assigned
OhioGuidestone professionals, parents or outside agency
professionals assigned to case.
- Remains competent and current through self-directed
professional reading, developing professional contacts with
colleagues, attending professional development courses, and
attending training and/or courses as required by the Agency.
- May be involved in the planning, organization, and
implementation of special events or department specific projects or
seasonal program changes.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Exhibits positivity, flexibility and a willingness to take on
new responsibilities as requested or required.
- Demonstrates positive leadership, promote a team-based work
environment and present the agency in the most positive light with
all internal and external contacts.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual
differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and
motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and
treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis,
treatment, and rehabilitation of emotional and mental
- Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and
influences, human migrations, ethnicity, and cultures and their
history and origins.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language
including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
- Computer literacy skills, including Windows applications,
Microsoft Office Suite, and basic database usage, as well as basic
- Organizational skills, team player and attention to
- Ability to transport clients as needed.
- Work consist of walking, bending, stooping,
ascending/descending stairs, and remaining in a stationary position
50% of the time, including positioning self to an equal level in
order to assist clients of all ages.
- Work environment is based in the community and can include an
agency office, school-based setting, childcare facilities, or
- Must be able to drive frequently due to work varying work
environments including agency office, school based, community-based
locations, which may include participant homes in various
- Works flexible hours, which can include days, evenings, and
weekends, as desired to meet the needs of clients and the
OhioGuidestone and is available for crisis management by phone as
- Interacts verbally with coworkers, representatives from outside
agencies, and families.
- Bachelor's degree* in Social Work with an Ohio LSW required.
Master's degree with LPC, MFT, LISW, LPCC, IMFT is preferred.
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver's License with a safe driving
record and valid insurance.
- Ability to take and pass a physical exam, tuberculosis test and
- Employment is contingent upon clear results of a thorough
background check.At OhioGuidestone we care about the health and
safety of our employees. OhioGuidestone requires applicants to
complete a pre-employment screening process upon receipt of an
offer of employment. We require and cover the cost of a fingerprint
background screening, physical, Tuberculosis test, and drug screen
after an employment offer is made. Any employment offer is
contingent upon receipt of all satisfactory pre-employment
screenings.OhioGuidestone is committed to creating a more diverse
community. We encourage candidates from historically
underrepresented groups to apply. EEO/M/F/H/V IND1EducationRequired
- Bachelors or better in Social WorkPreferred
- Masters or better in Counseling or related field
- Masters or better in Social WorkLicenses &
- R-Crisis Intervention
- R-Relationship Management
- R-Individual Counseling
- R-Mental Health Counseling
- R-Child Advocacy
- R-Home Visiting
- R-Progress Notes
- R-DSM V
- R-Cognitive Behavioral TherapyBehaviorsPreferred
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample
time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Keywords: OhioGuidestone, Cleveland , Therapist - School Services, Healthcare , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!