Physical Therapist Assistant - Tuscarawas County
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: June 25, 2022
- Administers patient centered Physical Therapy treatment
incorporating evidence based practice and skilled techniques to
achieve optimal functional outcomes under the supervision of a
licensed Physical Therapist.
- Observes, communicates and documents patient progress and
response to treatment.
- Plans, organizes and implements individualized therapeutic
programs with patient/family, incorporating evidence based
- Provides education on Physical Therapy related subjects to
patients, clients, caregivers, hospital personnel and the
- Acts as a clinical instructor or participates in the education
and evaluation of students.
- Acts as a resource for volunteers and observers.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Associate's degree or certificate required.
- Must be a graduate of a Physical Therapy Assistant Program
accredited by the American Physical Therapy
- Current State licensure as a Physical Therapy Assistant
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the
American Heart Association (AHA).
- For Homecare only: Valid Ohio Driver's license upon hire; per
policy 8-175 thereafter.
- For Homecare only: Proof of automobile insurance coverage with
$100,000/$300,000 coverage, upon hire; per policy 8-175
thereafter.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Experience in the clinical area preferred.Physical
- Ability to walk and climb stairs without assistive device and
to maintain balance despite sudden load in order to support patient
- Ability to meet physical demands characterized at the heavy
level defined by 1993 Leonard Matheson and Ministry of Labor.
- Ability to lift and reach with arms sufficiently to lift
patient's arm and leg during therapeutic treatment program.
- Sensation of touch and manual dexterity to be able to palpate
muscle tension or to monitor patient pulse.
- Visual acuity to observe patient's gross and fine motor
movements in order to analyze these movements and to read all
- Ability to speak clearly enough to instruct patients and
- Ability to hear at a conversational level to understand
patient's description of symptoms and response to
treatment.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Cleveland Clinic Home Care provides skilled
nursing, social services and physical, occupational and speech
therapy for patients returning home after a hospital stay,
outpatient procedure or doctor's visit. Our home care team can
continue Cleveland Clinic's treatment at home and help patients
learn or relearn any skills necessary to stay safe and independent
Administers Physical Therapy services for patients including
infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics under
supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Physical Therapist Assistant - Tuscarawas County, Healthcare , Independence, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!