PRN Phlebotomy Technician, Fairview Hospital
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Perform blood collection procedures and related tasks.
- Provide excellent patient service at check in where
- Verifies order requests and identifying information prior to
drawing blood or collecting the specimen/kit to be tested by
analytical staff. Label all specimens collected and deliver them to
the appropriate processing area.
- Follow venipuncture procedures and maintain appropriate log
- Greet patients warmly when they present to outpatient lab desks
or when entering a patient's room and complete test request entry
and specimen receipt using lab computer.
- Perform specimen processing and send out tasks including
accessioning, centrifugation, and packaging for transport when
necessary for all specimen types.
- Accurately communicate essential information to appropriate
- Actively listen and promote effective communication flow both
within and outside of the department.
- Pick up and deliver blood, other sample types, and lab supplies
to appropriate areas.
- Maintain a fantastic customer service rapport and interact in a
pleasant, courteous and cordial manner with co-workers and patients
at all times.
- Participate in team discussions, provide problem solving ideas
and contribute to quality improvement goals. Education:
- High School Diploma or GED. Certifications:
- Formal phlebotomy certification preferred. Complexity of Work:
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills in a team
environment is essential.
- Effectively operate in a flexible work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to excel in a high-volume, fast-paced work
environment. Work Experience:
- Technical proficiency; standard procedures, techniques and
common practices required. Physical Requirements:
- Requires frequent and long durations of standing and
- Visual acuity including the ability to distinguish colors.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate blood drawing
equipment and make measurements. Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Perform all patient service and required
blood and sample collection/tracking/transport/processing for all
patient groups. This position will float to multiple
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , PRN Phlebotomy Technician, Fairview Hospital, Healthcare , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!