Outpatient Dietitian: FLD/General Nutrition Clinic
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- Provides direct patient care using medical nutrition therapy
for an assigned patient population.
- Provides counseling and education services to patient with
disease processes that require nutritional management.
- Implements a nutritional care plan, communicates plan,
establishes a follow-up system and maintains documentation.
- Writes changes for diet orders; initiates nutrient intake
assessments; assesses patients for signs and symptoms of
nutritional deficiencies; evaluates appropriate fluid and
electrolytes; reviews laboratory and clinical progress notes;
informs physicians of patients' nutritional status and need for
changes in diet, enteral or parenteral feeding; develops care
plans, documentation and reassessments.
- Coordinates efforts of dietetic technician assigned to
- Develops and contributes to Cleveland Clinic sponsored
education programs for physicians, nurses, allied health
professionals, students, peers and the public.
- Creates and revises education materials related to disease
management through medical nutrition therapy.
- Participates in program development designed to market and
expand departmental services and revenue generation.
- Markets services to potential and current referral sources;
develops and implements services in response to client's needs and
- Actively contributes to departmental initiatives, including
committees and projects.
- Supports the dietetic internship program as a supervised
practice rotation preceptor and class instructor.
- Completes reports for ongoing productivity tracking.
- Participates in professional growth activities; attends and
contributes to conferences and seminars on nutrition and related
- Represents Cleveland Clinic on nutrition related matters.
- Conducts clinical research. Utilizes clinical software
applications to facilitate care.
- Complies with all regulatory organizations including CMS, TJC,
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and policies and procedures of
the department and Cleveland Clinic.
- Other duties as assigned. Education:
- Bachelor's degree in nutrition, dietetics or a closely related
- Maintains current license to practice dietetics in the current
state (LD) and active certification as a Registered Dietitian (RD).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action. Work Experience:
- Minimum one year experience as a Registered Dietitian in
clinical nutrition preferred.
- Successful completion of CCF Dietetic Internship Program may
substitute for experience requirement. Physical Requirements:
- Ability to navigate extensively to provide services to a large
number of patients throughout the hospital and manual dexterity
sufficient to perform computer entry.
- Must have physical ability to measure and weigh patients.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required. Provides individualized medical nutrition
therapy, education and counseling to patients. Works
collaboratively with other health disciplines and departments to
optimize nutrition care and patient experience.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Outpatient Dietitian: FLD/General Nutrition Clinic, Healthcare , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!