Research Nurse - Respiratory
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
- Assists with coordinating the implementation and conduct of
research projects ensuring adherence to research protocol
requirements including: timely completion and communication of
regulatory documents, the development of data capture and
monitoring plans, reports Serious Adverse Events as they occur and
completion of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and sponsor forms
in accordance with GCP guidelines.
- Serves as a liaison between investigators, research personnel,
outside study personnel and central research administration offices
to assist in protocol interpretation, enrollment and safety
- Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for patient care.
- Assesses research subject; completes nursing assessment,
documenting findings in research subject records. Notifies
physician of abnormal findings.
- Establishes a care plan in collaboration with the research
subject, family and research team. Coordinates ongoing care.
- Identifies discharge needs and facilitates discharge planning
- Performs telephone triage.
- Performs nursing procedures and treatments as directed by
physician or LIP in the treatment and management of patient
- Evaluates, initiates and maintains standards of care consistent
with CCHS policies & procedures.
- Assists with specialized patient care equipment as required by
the clinical research protocol.
- Administers medications and treatments as ordered by a
physician or LIP.
- Directs, coordinates and participates in the evaluation &
supervision of nursing care provided to research subjects,
establishing patient care priorities and delegating nursing
activities according to the patient needs and staff qualifications
- Participates in education, research and performance improvement
- Maintains knowledge of research protocol to coordinate the
comprehensive and compliant execution of assigned protocols.
- Assists with preparation for audits and response to audits as
- Maintains professional relationships, including frequent and
open effective communication with internal and external
- Documents the education and training of research personnel as
- Assists with the development of protocol specific
- Assists in educating the patient/family and team on the
- Provides and documents education as needed.
- Conducts and documents the informed consent process.
- May assist with research project budget development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Demonstrates basic computer proficiency.
- Must have strong organizational, communication and
- Must be self-directed with demonstrated ability to work
effectively with a multidisciplinary team of professionals.
- May need to work with minimal supervision at offsite
- Meets clinical competency requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge in specialty area.
- Participates in process improvement activities.
- Within 90 days of hire, must successfully complete
certification in Human Subjects Research as required by the
Responsible Conduct of Research guidelines adopted by Cleveland
- Continually demonstrates competency with defined requirements
for the position as established by Cleveland Clinic.Certifications:
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN). Proof of
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification must be presented upon
- Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a
cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying
education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation
cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer
center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an
accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a
stressful environment and take appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum two years clinical experience.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion, manual and finger
dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Assists with coordinating the implementation
and conduct of human subject research projects, utilizing the
nursing process while ensuring adherence to research protocol
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Research Nurse - Respiratory, Healthcare , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!