Medical Assistant Occ Health
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: January 16, 2022
- Under the supervision of physician or nurse, assists with
performing assessments and treatments.
- Gathers information related to health maintenance and specimen
collection and documents patient care given.
- Updates health maintenance at patient visit.
- Accurately identifies medication changes and updates allegories
at each visit.
- Monitors and communicates changes in patient condition.
- Administers specific medications under direction of
- Performs Physical Capability Evaluations (PCE) on Biodex
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering,
stocking, cleaning and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination areas.
- Assists in pre-visit planning, update of health maintenance
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned,
including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry and patient
- Must be a graduate from an approved Medical Assisting Program.
- (As designated by the Enterprise MA Steering Committee) -
- Military training as a Hospital Corpsman (HM), Combat Medic
(68W) or Medical Service Technician (4N0X1) will be
- Current demonstrated clinical proficiency. -
- Completion of a clinical externship. - - (Extensive clinical
experience may be considered in lieu of formal clinical
- MA Certification preferred.Certifications:
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire
- Successful completion of CC Externship preferred.Physical
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require extended periods of standing, walking or
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Medium Work: Requires full body motion including handling and
lifting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or moving 10 to
25 pounds of force frequently.
- Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Work.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Medical Assistant Occ Health, Healthcare , Avon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!