Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
The 9th floor nursing unit at Euclid Hospital is a
medical-surgical patient care unit inclusive of designated care for
patients who have suffered from a stroke. As an Advanced Primary
Stroke Center, Euclid Hospital has met stringent national stroke
care standards and offers some of the most complete, comprehensive
stroke care.Restoring Body, Mind and Spirit With Advanced
Technology and TreatmentLocated on 17 acres along the Lake Erie
shoreline, Euclid Hospital is home to one of the region's leading
rehabilitation and orthopedic centers. The 371-registered bed
hospital offers a complete continuum of care: emergency services,
sub-acute care, rehabilitation and outpatient care. Founded in 1907
as Glenville Hospital, Euclid Hospital was constructed at its
existing location in 1952.The hospital has a strong history of
caring for the community, which is a tradition that continues
today. Euclid Hospital has teamed up with The Cleveland Clinic
Foundation and other area hospitals to form the Cleveland Clinic
Health System for improved quality and lower cost of care to
Northeast Ohio residents.Participates in a residency core
curriculum based on their individual learning needs. Provides
direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Participates in a residency core curriculum based on their
individual learning needs.
- Provides direct nursing care, alongside a coach, in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
- Establishes and/or revises priorities for patient care
activities based on the following: acuity of need, patient
preference, and resource availability.
- Initiates and/or maintains interventions to assure continuity
of safe/effective care for patients.
- Responds to data indicating risk to individual's health and
initiates action to correct, reduce, or prevent the risk.
- Seeks supervision, consultation, assistance when unable to
perform safely and independently.
- Complies with established hospital/department personnel
- Uses communication strategies in order to achieve desirable
- Documents in patient's medical record according to established
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional
- BSN preferredCertifications:
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
(AHA).Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- New grad or less than one year RN work experience or if
experience RN moving from non-inpatient to acute direct care
clinical inpatient setting with less than one year current acute
direct patient care RN experience.Physical Requirements:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and
lifting patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
- Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.Personal
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required for procedures.The policy of Cleveland Clinic
Health System and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health
System) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and
applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free
environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for
controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for
candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine.
Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic
Health System's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for
open positions after 90 days.Decisions concerning employment,
transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best
qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status,
ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other
characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this
application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic Health System
facility.Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity
posterCleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal
employment employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals
with DisabilitiesSchedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Brecksville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!