RN Home Health - Akron/South Team
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: Maple Heights
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans. Provides supervision to
LPNs, home care aides and family/caregivers involved in the care of
the patient.This is a PRN position to care for patients where they
call home in our South Team. Our South Team services areas such as
Akron, Barberton, Canton, Fairlawn, Massillon, Tallmadge, Wooster,
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
- Performs accurate and complete admission
assessments/reassessments within specified time frame.
- Assesses patient for safety risks, abuse and neglect.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Assesses and documents patients' pain using appropriate pain
scale and manages patients' pain.
- Prioritizes and documents patient problems based on assessed
needs/problems in collaboration with patient, family and health
- Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at
all times regarding patient condition and effectiveness and
timeliness of care and interventions.
- Escalates change in patient condition to patient's physician as
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.- BSN
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- Valid Ohio Driver's license upon hire; per policy 8-175
- Proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000
coverage, upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.Complexity of
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- Minimum one year current clinical experience as a registered
- Minimum one year experience in an acute medical-surgical or
home care setting.--Physical Requirements:
- Heavy Work - Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 pounds
of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements
are in excess of those for Medium Work.Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.-
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , RN Home Health - Akron/South Team, Healthcare , Maple Heights, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!