Registered Radiology Technologist (Various Locations)
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Performs Radiology exams and Fluoroscopic procedures on patients
of all ages. Maintains patients' safety.Responsibilities:
- Performs general radiology, portable, and fluoroscopic
procedures (GIs, GUs, pediatrics, arthrograms, spine center).
- Produces images of optimal quality for interpretation with
accuracy and without delay.
- Maintains documentation requirements to ensure that all
technical data is entered timely and accurately.
- Notifies management and takes proper action to address
- Educates patients regarding procedures, equipment and exam to
ensure understanding and cooperation.
- Ensures patients' comfort and safety during and after the
- Assists with scheduling patient procedures.
- Monitors and determines priority of patients.
- Demonstrates care and operation of Radiology equipment
according to technical specifications and applications.
- Assists Radiologist with fluoroscopic, GU, GI, and pediatric
- Acquires, archives, transmits, and prints images via PACS.
- Capable of after hours transmission of images and appropriate
- Reports immediately any malfunctions to help desk and PACS
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Provides instruction and mentoring to new hires and Radiology
- Continually strives to learn new technical information and
skills through attendance of periodic in-service programs and
participation in professional affiliation sessions.
- Potentially rotates through all diagnostic imaging modalities,
sites and/or locations.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good
- Current state licensure required prior to employment.
- (BLS) certification required.Complexity of Work:
- Knowledge of anatomy and related pathologic processes.
- Ability to communicate well with Radiologists and physicians to
coordinate proper imaging of patients.
- Strong communication skills are essential to provide excellent
care to patients and families.
- Ability to function well with minimal or no direct
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic
Technologist preferred.Physical Requirements:
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying
weight and manipulate equipment daily.Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Registered Radiology Technologist (Various Locations), Healthcare , Kent, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!